Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

As gaudy as a black velvet Elvis painting..

July 15, 2016 07:47AM
Oh I hear ya - I'm a huge B/W fan, myself, but I wanted him to do color so I could see how he blended different colors of spray paint.. Used to be a time in the 70's that I shot photos of every band I could, and I always shot Kodak Tri-X 400 B/W film - usually because I shot quite often for the local paper and it wasn't as easy to convert color to B/W as it is now..

But, I love B/W - it definitely has a distinctive "vibe" about it.. classic, old school, timeless... with a color shot, you can wow 'em with the color, but with a B/W you dadgum sure better have composed a good photo, cuz you can't hide behind brilliant colors..

Did you see the B/W Eddie Van Halen shot I took in '78 that I posted to Facebook a few weeks ago? Here it is - shrunk for the board.. Now, this was from a photo that tI scanned, so it lost a bit in the scan process. .and, if you've ever edited scanned photos in photoshop, they don't edit nearly as well as digital photos.. So, I need to dig out the negatives and scan those - as soon a sI find my negatives from 1978 lol

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

Image error
File not found.
open image URL

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bob Ross destroyed my life...

JamesJM2045July 15, 2016 06:02AM

Oh man would you dig this guy.. Attachments

sstrams771July 15, 2016 06:48AM

I like gaudy paintings...

JamesJM730July 15, 2016 07:09AM

As gaudy as a black velvet Elvis painting.. Attachments

sstrams763July 15, 2016 07:47AM