Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oh man would you dig this guy..

July 15, 2016 06:48AM
we met in Puerto Aventuras, Mexico.. He had about 20 cans of different colored spray paint.. We watched him paint these two paints for us in about 5 minutes with cans of spray paint, a couple of bowls (to make the moons) and 2 or 3 brushes.. The photo here doesn't do the detail justice, since I had to scale them down for the board.. and he did it with freakin' cans of spray paint..! Then, when he was done painting, he got a can of clear sealer (I think) and a lighter and spray torched the paintings dry in 20 seconds with fire.. How freakin' cool is that? Sure, they're gaudy as al get out, and by his signature I see we got them in 2012 and they'v never been hung - just sitting in the closet - but thought you'd dig them...

What's amazing was he was charging like $15-$20 per painting and there were RICH American dudes there trying to talk his price down to $10.. I Was so impressed with his work and technique that I paid him an EXTRA $10 over what he was asking for both paintings - and he painted them exactly like we wanted.. Mine is the colored one, my wife's is the B/W... The colored one really is amazing, considering how fas he did it and with spray paint...

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bob Ross destroyed my life...

JamesJM2045July 15, 2016 06:02AM

Oh man would you dig this guy.. Attachments

sstrams768July 15, 2016 06:48AM

I like gaudy paintings...

JamesJM730July 15, 2016 07:09AM

As gaudy as a black velvet Elvis painting.. Attachments

sstrams762July 15, 2016 07:47AM