Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Now I read that Tim Conway is doing poorly.

August 27, 2018 12:31PM
Dementia. And apparently quite bad.

The Carol Burnett show was not for everybody... obviously, but thought I'd mention that I think it was one of the greatest shows on TV EVER!

Every show one could see that the cast was having the time of their lives.... liked each other. IMHO this made every skit wonderful... whether or not the jokes were actually funny or not, (most of the time they were).

I often wonder if something akin to the Carol Burnett show would work today... and I think most would say 'no'... but I'm not so sure. I think that 'no' mostly stems from the fact that her type of entertainment simply is not done these days.... so IMHO people just 'assume' it wouldn't work. I think it would, actually.

Critics, Social Media, etc... are all filled with anger... but that isn't my impression of being with people 'in person'. People are still kind, for the most part. Courteous, mannerly. Certainly a new TV Show following, or similar to, the Carol Burnett template would be raked over the coals by many... but I think the 'public' would be more than accepting.

But that leaves a HUGE problem... where do you find the likes of a Carol Burnett, Vicki Lawrence, Tim Conway, Harvey Korman? This is where I get skeptical, perhaps cynical.... not sure such people exist these days... having been reared in a world so angry. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Now I read that Tim Conway is doing poorly.

JamesJM121August 27, 2018 12:31PM

I was a big fan of...

sstrams105August 27, 2018 12:47PM

GEESH! I'm only 51. By the time I'm 60....

Ramgator89August 27, 2018 04:32PM

One of my all time favorites

IowaRam96August 27, 2018 07:50PM