Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Well, thats kinda true

February 18, 2020 10:41PM
I love the draft. Obviously you do as well. For me, the combine can add to the joy of the NFL draft. I am a fan, man. I try to enjoy it all. I remember seeing Az Hakim play in the Senior Bowl. I had no idea who he was. He flashed. It added to the 1998 draft day. I remember reading up on Higbee and Pharoh Cooper before I had any idea they would be selected by the Rams. I was excited about both of them. I really wanted the Rams to come away with some players in addition to Goff. I thought they needed to after trading away so many selections. I did not know an UDFA would be the key addition- Cory Littleton.

Yeah, short arms are definitely an advantage with the bench, but that that can be curved/factored in the assessment, no? But the arm length deal can also be a fascinating revelation at the combine as well right? I remember learning there were instant reactions at the combine when a player was suddenly viewed as an NFL guard rather than a tackle at that moment.

I remember years ago scouts saying if they want players to show up and participate in the NFL Combine they would have to televise it.

I also remember Dick Vermeil being an analyst/announcer for the combine after he retired the third time (from KC). It seemed like just from his observation of being an analyst/announcer, he said he would "Stand on the table" for DE Brian Robinson. Robinson gets drafted in the 4th round by the Vikings. Robinson goes on to play for Minnesota 12 years. He starts 6 seasons and has 60 sacks for the Vikings.

The love of the game. I love camp too, man. I remember a friend saying to me you always come home from training camp sunburned and happy. Stretch the fandom year-round. I am enjoying the XFL.

I was watching Cardale Jones and wondering if he makes sense for some NFL team as 2nd string QB. Maybe he has more potential then Bortles at this point. Pool what your thoughts on Keenan Reynolds? People are looking at Austin Proehl and I am not sure he is the best WR on his XFL team. Keenan Reynolds is 5'10" and obviously there are level of competition concerns but in that league, he looks like he has good playing speed. It looks like he has hands, athleticism and can run away from people. He was a star QB for the Navy. He had a verticle jump of 37½ inches. The Ravens draft him in the 6th round. He is on their practice squad for a year and then on the Seahawks practice squad for a year. Now he is playing for Seattle in the XFL. I am wondering if with reps at another skill position that athleticism will translate. I am curious to see if he develops into a 4th/slot WR. He'll probably end up being a thorn in the Rams side for years.

[en.wikipedia.org])
Keenan Reynolds (born December 13, 1994) is an American football wide receiver for the Seattle Dragons of the XFL. He played college football for the Navy Midshipmen as a quarterback, and finished his career with an NCAA Division I record 88 career touchdowns and an FBS record 4,559 rushing yards by a quarterback.

In the 2016 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens drafted Reynolds in the sixth round with the 182nd overall pick.

On May 16, 2018, Reynolds signed with the Seattle Seahawks.[30] He was waived on September 1, 2018 and was re-signed to the practice squad.[31][32] He was promoted to the active roster on September 12.[33] Reynolds made his NFL debut five days later in the Seahawks' 24–17 loss to the Chicago Bears.In October 2019, Reynolds was selected by the Seattle Dragons in the 2020 XFL Draft.[42] Dragons head coach Jim Zorn described Reynolds as his "secret weapon", playing receiver, returner, and emergency quarterback.[40]

Prior to the start of the 2020 XFL season, he was named a team captain on special teams.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2020 10:54PM by Rams Junkie.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Schefter: Rams are not sending coordinators, O'Connell & Staley, to the combine

Rams Junkie820February 14, 2020 09:54AM

Re: Schefter: Rams are not sending coordinators, O'Connell & Staley, to the combine

CraigMatson349February 14, 2020 10:32AM

Re: Schefter: Rams are not sending coordinators, O'Connell & Staley, to the combine

Rampage2K-236February 15, 2020 10:46AM

remember though

zn322February 15, 2020 10:53AM

I flat out ignore the combines. It's a waste of time.

Ramgator351February 16, 2020 07:10AM

Re: I flat out ignore the combines. It's a waste of time.

zn282February 16, 2020 07:12AM

I don't think I have ever fell in love...

BumRap177February 18, 2020 03:18PM

I have. Shocking I know right

Deadpool185February 18, 2020 04:23PM

Re: I watch because I am a football fan

Speed_Kills172February 18, 2020 04:27PM

Re: I watch because I am a football fan

Rams Junkie196February 18, 2020 05:32PM

Well, thats kinda true

Deadpool203February 18, 2020 07:15PM

Re: Well, thats kinda true

Rams Junkie207February 18, 2020 10:41PM

I totally get your enjoyment of the combine