Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looks like 3 Starters

May 18, 2019 04:39AM
2018 draft is starting to show some promise. Remember we did not pick until round 3.

At this moment in time there are 3 projected starters from this draft: Noteboom, Allen and Kiser. Right there that is pretty good.

We have another player John Franklin-Myers who is certain to be a main rotation play on the defensive line. I would expect him to play 40-50% of the plays.

So if that is all we get considering we did not choose until round 3 you would have to call the draft very successful. Throw Cooks in there and it was great.

I think we are pretty much in the dark on the rest of the prospects we drafted.

The drafting of Henderson and Kelly's name not being mentioned when McVay talked about the running backs does not bode well for Kelly. Maybe he stays on as the 4th back but he is only an emergency guy.

Everyone seems down on Joseph because we drafted Gaines. I don't see it that way at all it was a need pick and good value too regardless of how they feel about Joseph. The DL needed bodies. It will be interesting to see how Joseph and Smart rank but one my not make the roster or both still could.

Demby is another guy I think makes the team along with Edwards and Evans as the backups. Again I think we are in the dark with him and do not think the drafting of Edwards and Evans indicates that Demby is not well thought of. There should be good competition for the 1st guy off the bench with these 3.

OBO: He seems kind of like a lotto ticket. He is probably a special teams player who may work is way into the rotation. He is a guy that may turn out to be special but we really have no idea at this point. Preseason will give us a lot of information on Obo, Demby and Joseph.

Young made the team got cut and was resigned: He even got into some games and made a play or 2. He is a guy that would have gone much higher in the draft if it wasn't for injuries so he must have some good talent and he has good measurables. We have a little more data on him than on OBO but not data that suggests he is anything special at this point.

Lawler is another edge guy and he made the team and played too. He didn't knock anyone's socks off last year so. Obo, Young and Lawler may be fighting for a 1 or 2 rosters spots so it will be interesting to see who has developed the most and if any of these 3 can step up and force their way into the rotation. None of them will beat out Ebu, Fowler and Matthews who are guaranteed rosters spots and a place in the rotation. .

Howard go hurt last year and ended up on the practice squad. It would seem that Rapp is going to play the position that Howard would be best at. I don't see how he makes the roster unless someone gets hurt.

So with Demby, Joseph, Obo, Young and Lawler we do have some more shots at developing reliable backups and perhaps even rotational players. Joseph may have the best shot of getting on the field as part of the defensive line rotation. One of the edge guys may make it as the 4th edge player off he bench but I am not sure how much playing time that brings. I think Special Teams play will go far in selecting who stays out of the edge guys.

So anyway looks like a solid draft with and there is still some hope for a couple more guys to develop and step up.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Enough of the Rams rookies, let’s look at the Sophomores...

Rams43604May 17, 2019 07:15AM

Re: the Sophomores...

leafnose263May 17, 2019 05:22PM

Re: the Sophomores...

idaram232May 17, 2019 09:13PM

OBO...I'm sorry, but I too am stoked about this dude...HIGHLIGHTS

SunTzu_vs_Camus255May 18, 2019 06:12AM

Re: Insight from another board........

leafnose135May 20, 2019 03:37AM

Looks like 3 Starters

David Deacon247May 18, 2019 04:39AM

Re: but who knows if they are any good???

spagsbacker206May 18, 2019 05:40AM

AlbaNY_Ram185May 18, 2019 09:13AM

Re: Joseph Day

leafnose383May 18, 2019 09:29AM

Re: Joseph Day

Rams43193May 18, 2019 09:50AM

we will see

ferragamo79191May 18, 2019 10:38AM

Re: we will see

AlbaNY_Ram178May 18, 2019 11:12AM

Re: we will see

Rams43206May 18, 2019 11:31AM

Classicalwit168May 18, 2019 05:58PM

AlbaNY_Ram212May 18, 2019 06:51PM