Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Joyner and our draftniks; Snead and Fisher

February 17, 2018 05:39AM
Again, this group is loaded with the GMs and former coach's selections

But Joyner was a clear and precise player to have.....named by the draft guys on our board.
More than a few thought he was miscast as a CB, and would be a monster from the safety spot

And there's that moment, yet again, where the coach sought out great guys but was too obstinate in his typifying of where to play his roster.
I'd also mention the Austin extension seemed a lot more predicated on what he was doing to our own defense in practice sessions as much as he was performing on the field. The contract was unwarranted at the level they came in at based on what I'd seen of Tavon's work "in game."

I'm not lamenting the contract, but the use of the Austin. Miscast, after rotating through the route tree and offensive scheme sets, as a proper WR, at either flanker or X, and meager returns as a slot guy, the lightning quick Tavon just was never able to develop into a killer spot. If he isn't the fastest guy to ever wear the horns, he's pretty darn close. But, the former OC Cignetti knew best where the kid fit, and wasn't very promising from a traditional WR spot.

When Snead and Fisher hit on a player, they really hit. Gurley, Joyner, Donald. How Fisher used them was the annoying part of the results.

But Joyner has been wicked good roaming around in the secondary, since moving to safety.
As fond as I am of Trumaine Johnson, it just make sense to keep his money and move on.
I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they come to terms with one of our own unrestricted free agents before Tuesday.
Is it Joyner?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Lamarcus Joyner is PFF's No. 1 free-agent safety in 2018

Ramsdude420February 17, 2018 03:56AM

Joyner and our draftniks; Snead and Fisher

leafnose168February 17, 2018 05:39AM

disagree

zn163February 17, 2018 06:02AM

Re: interpreted

leafnose165February 17, 2018 06:27AM

Re: interpreted

zn116February 17, 2018 06:33AM

These FA decisions come down to a bang for the buck...

Rams43121February 17, 2018 07:02AM