Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

In Person Game Review and General Thoughts

November 20, 2017 01:14PM
Fellow Herd Members,

Now that we are about 24 hours removed from the game, I thought I would post my in-person game review and general thoughts.
Less review, as we have plenty of that, and more general thoughts.

First, AT&T Stadium is quite impressive in Downtown Minneapolis.

It is a beautiful structure outside with the glass and as you would expect has all the modern amenities on the inside. Being in Cowboys stadium for a few games, it is not as over the top, but in general, a pretty cool stadium.

As others have stated, they have a really good home-field advantage and is a 100% improvement from the Metrodome.

On a side note: domestic beer was $8.50 (they had Miller products) and imports were $12.50. Pizza and burgers $12. Popcorn $9.

We had very good seats. I was eight rows up in the lower section on the RAMS side. Not sure what you could see on the TV....but the sun came through around 12:30 and was blinding until the early 3rd quarter.

The seats, at least in the lower section, were very comfortable and quite large. The purple seats, along with the purple jerseys made it quite a site. If I have to hear that damn horn again, I will go crazy. Not sure what the TV picked up, but it was LOUD. The crowd was really into it....and from the people I talked to, like us, they really thought this was an important measuring stick game.

I won't go too much into analysis, but as others have stated, Cooper has to hang on to the ball. He is to good a player not too. Also, I got the feel, and by judging the Rams body language, it seemed like they felt they were the better team until the early 4th quarter. Once Kupp dropped the 3rd down pass, which essentially would of put us in FG range and potentially cut the lead to 14-10...the Vikings scored again and it was ball game.

Also, not too use injuries as an excuse, but once we lost Robey-Coleman early and then Webster later, it was a matter of time until Hatfield was taken advantage of. Quite frankly, I am surprised it took so long. Speaking of Robey-Colman, when coming out for the second half he had a noticeable limp and was really struggling to walk.

Moving back to pre-game...we had a great view of the warm-ups.

-Hekker participated with the other QBs in throwing to the WRs...quite an impressive ball he has.

-Whitworth is one big man

-Kronke and Snead were on the field at midfield talking for about 15 minutes. A bigger guy, I presume a bodyguard, stood about 5 yards away holding Kronke's bag or man purse!

- As with all pre-games these days, many of the players were dancing to all the pre-game music.

-Robert Woods was all smiles during pre-game, and you can generally see he is a leader and very likeable. Hopefully, his shoulder will be fine.

-Aaron Donald was out about one hour before the game in sweats and man is this guy cut. He was really working hard and I would like to see us tie him up long-term.

-When the Rams coaching staff came out, Sean McVay came out in a full sprint...Wade was bringing up the rear.

-Greg Zurlein was right in front of us the whole time. He stood alone, like most kickers I am sure, and constantly was kicking into the net on the sideline.

-After Robert Quinn missed Case, and for that matter, Donald, he was walking up the sideline shaking his head over and over again.

-To me, Tavon almost seemed like an outsider. His lack of playing time is well documented. He was constantly chirping on the sideline to coached, and a few times he went in and then ran off late. It seems like he's not all in. At this point, I don't see how he stays on the roster next year.

-On the sideline, Goff seemed to project confidence and until mid way through the 4th Q every time before hitting the field, he was talking to the OL and other players. He generally had a good calm demeanor about him.

Finally, as you all know, the military focus was prevalent throughout the game. During half-time, they had a country singer, I never hear of, sing and the crowd was appreciative and very respectful. Also, in general, the Viking fans were respectful and did not do much trash talking..

Plenty of Rams jerseys..by far the most popular was the Gurley rush jerseys. I did see a dad with a Quinn jersey and a little girl (maybe 6) with a Barron jersey. For the record, I was sporting my Marshall Faulk jersey, with the hopes of a dominating performance like we had in January 2000.

That's all

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

In Person Game Review and General Thoughts

sean919November 20, 2017 01:14PM

Good read

Old Goat286November 20, 2017 01:20PM

Thanks for the post...

max282November 20, 2017 01:28PM

Re: In Person Game Review and General Thoughts

MamaRAMa326November 20, 2017 02:06PM

Re: In Person Game Review and General Thoughts