Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Great Post Old Goat

October 06, 2017 02:11PM
Old Goat
But it's early, and I'm a Rams fan.

Sorry to invoke it, but I truly have not felt like this since '99. Every week, I waited for it to crash. I wanted it to be for real so bad. When we beat the 9ers and Bruce cried, I cried with him. Every week I had to pinch myself and make sure it was real. It wasn't until we were actually in the playoffs that I let it take over. I have similar feelings now. I almost don't want to read the press, haven't put Rams on my FF because I'm afraid to jinx them and just try to talk it down when I discuss the Rams with people. I do want to see more of a sample before I give myself completely over. Like a lot of us, I've been bitten too many times to just embrace this.

We Rams fans are a little off, aren't we?

But the product on the field also speaks for itself. All of the things we thought held this team back, The FO, the coaches, the scheme, the players... just suddenly seem fixed and it's hard to fully get your head around it and see it for what it is. So many times we were told the team was rebuilding, we were young, just kids growing up and one day we will contend for the Division Title... In one short off-season we are given this, with the hope and possibility of our reformation being long term with the youngest coach in the NFL being tabbed as the reason for this turn-around.

It's amazing, and I'm still getting used to accepting it.

I feel exactly the same way. When my friends and family say "hey, the Rams are looking good!" I say, yeah they are, but there's still a lot of football to be played.

I am excited about this team now (man it's been a long time), but I still, in the back of my mind, think ... ok, when are the wheels gonna come off? The losing conditioning hasn't worn off yet. A win on Sunday would take a few more layers of that off!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I get nervous the football Gods...

Ramsfsninmd925October 06, 2017 08:47AM

Huge game

Los Angeles Lenny226October 06, 2017 10:53AM

Really want to believe

Old Goat420October 06, 2017 01:47PM

Great Post Old Goat

RamsFanSinceLA217October 06, 2017 02:11PM

One game at a time....

JamesJM277October 06, 2017 11:13AM

Re: One game at a time....