Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I think we'll know all we need to know by end of week 4

September 15, 2017 01:18PM
1999 Our Rams beat the Ravens, then pummeled the Falcons and the Bengals. Week four, how we can forget. I'm sure just about everyone on this board remembers what it was like going into that game against the whiners. And how we felt coming out of it.
I remember calling my brother almost in tears. What a game, what a moment. I said right there and then we're going to win the Super Bowl, I can just tell. I made numerous wagers backing up my mouth and it paid off.

Fast forward to 2017. As someone pointed out in a previous post there are a lot of parallels to this season. But aside from all that, I just feel something in my gut telling me this McVay is special. And I'm talking all-time special. He is the modern Bill Walsh, JImmy Johnson, etc. He just gets it. I loved Martz for awhile when he was the Rams coach but somewhere along the line he let his ego or something get in the way and it fell apart. I don't see that happening with McVay. It just doesn't seem like it's about him. It's about the team and winning. I just don't see him getting out-coached very often if at all. And yes I know it's one game but I've read every article and listened to every interview the guy has done. I played professional baseball, albeit at the minor league level, and I've been around lousy coaching and great coaching, and I see and hear greatness in this man's voice. It might take another year to get there( O line), but by next year I truly believe we will be Super Bowl contenders.

Lastly, if something magical has already happened, and it sure feels like it, we will win Sunday, and then beat the whiners. Which would oddly enough set up a "Huge Game" against the Cowgirls. How about that parallel to 1999. As of today I don't expect us to beat the Cowgirls but if we do, "Oh My" as the great Dick Enberg would say.

I posted a message on this board back in 1999 or 2000 and Bernie stole it and put it in the newspaper. It was entitled "The King is dead long live The King." Basically I was proclaiming the end of the whiners and the beginning of a Rams dynasty. Once again, not to be a dead horse, but I blame Martz and the Ram organization for screwing that up. I don't see it getting messed up this time.
Kroenke is a good owner, Snead and McVay get it. We have our franchise qb(in my opinion). All we need to do is fix the O line, and who knows maybe Kromer can perform a miracle. But sooner or later we are going to be able to say again.

"The King is DEAD(Seahags), long live The King"(Obviously The Rams).
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I think we'll know all we need to know by end of week 4

stlrams13620September 15, 2017 01:18PM

This might be my favorite post of the year, 13...

Rams43180September 15, 2017 02:36PM

DOn't think 99 is good comparison. So far, seems like 1966 or

Blue and Gold156September 15, 2017 02:41PM

The offensive stats are pretty even

Atlantic Ram247September 15, 2017 02:52PM

The Rams were 3-1 last year

NewMexicoRam162September 15, 2017 04:03PM

Great Post

Old Goat175September 15, 2017 04:04PM