Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I would pretty thrilled with a draft like that

January 11, 2017 07:58AM
alyoshamucci
I have all the tape ... and While I may not have watched to my heart's content ... I am satisfied with my preliminary rankings.

I am working with rankings, suggesting that players go far higher than they are projected ... as my grades usually are closer to right than the boards have them now.

One thing I will mention is that this class may not have an actual left tackle, so Im not even going to bother trying. Centers, two of my favorites went back to school, but if Elflein or Pocic makes the 3rd I'd strongly consider there there.

I think we're okay at DT, just want replacements for the edges.

2) Cordrea Tankersly CB Clemson I am a fan of Clemson DBs, and Tankersly has done an amazing job his entire career. Big, ball skills, and can tackle. Put him opposite Tru and it's a formidable pair going forward.
-I would take Demarcus walker or Solomon Thomas here, but they won't get that far. So would I, as well as Taco. There is so much depth at CB, a couple of good ones should fall into the 2nd. Maybe a Adoree Jackson as well?

3-5) Daeshon Hall, DE T A and M. He's just bigger and more athletic than teams are seeing right now. Underrated run stopper with pass rush ability.
-There will be some WRs here, but not good enough to warrant a pick that could be had later. love him and see him as under rated, but then again he played opposite the #1 pick in the draft so there is that.

4-5) Josh Reynolds WR T A and M (Darboh, Taykwon Williams, Bug Howard, also potentials here). Size, body control, aggression and hands. I would take Reynolds all day in the 4th round. Like you said a guy that is aggresive and has hands would be welcome on this offense.

4-35) Luani FS Wash State ... I've been watching this kid and have no idea why he isn't listed higher. He is the stud of the defense, is 6-2 210 with ball skills. Need to go find more of him

5) Jeremy Sprinkle TE ARK Mainly thinking of him as a blocker at 6-5 270 ... but has great hands and a huge frame. Harkey and Kendricks in one player, freeing up Higbee to focus on passing routes.Off my board due to him being too stupid to be drafted.

6) Basham DE Ohio 6-5 270 .. a little raw ... and needs some strength training good spot for a kid like him

6) Fred Ross WR Miss St. ... grossly underrated 6-2 205 with great feet and hands. I think he and Mike Thomas battle it out for the last spot.nice pick here as well.

7) Rouille C Wyoming ... I have him as a backup that could develop. One thing Craig Bohl can do is develop OL.

One more guy I would add to the end of the draft is Ben Boulware, he just keeps showing up every time I watch Clemson.

I am still doing progressions ... but the class this year is DE and S, then CB has a really high top end, then a drop off towards the end with guys that won't make our team. A CB, in order to beat out what we have, will need to be taken in the top 2 of our picks (the 3rd round should have starter level talent sliding there too).

I have NOT looked into small school kids and am taking suggestions throughout the process. So please, thoughts and comments welcome.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout's first mock ... post bowl season pre combine

alyoshamucci725January 10, 2017 02:16PM

Re: Blinkscout's first mock ... post bowl season pre combine

LMU93306January 11, 2017 03:16AM

RamJr340January 11, 2017 03:59AM

Glyndwr71317January 11, 2017 04:44AM

On waiting on the O

alyoshamucci346January 11, 2017 05:17AM

Re: On waiting on the O