Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My grandson's 200 meter race two days ago...

March 16, 2024 04:49PM
I won't deceive you! Elijah had never run the 200 so he didn't have an 'official time' recorded - which is how they decide which heat they run in. Some of the other kids in this race did have an official time, (but slower than any kids in the other heats), and some did not. IOW, Elijah did not run in the heat with the fastest 'recorded time' kids. Never the less....

This caught us by surprise. And - Elijah's time was the 2nd fastest recorded at this meet losing to his football teammate Eli by .02 seconds.

When they came around the turn, (you'll have a hard time seeing him at the start but you'll very quickly notice him out front coming around the turn), I wasn't sure it was him because I had never seen him this dominant. BTW he's an 8th Grader.... but already practicing with our High School Football team for next year.

Also to note: In the girls division a young lady clocked her 200 just .2 seconds slower than Elijah. She is FAST (not from our grammar school). I'm going to keep an eye on her because I think she's going places. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My grandson's 200 meter race two days ago...

JamesJM84March 16, 2024 04:49PM

Oh man

waterfield31March 16, 2024 06:46PM

That's moving out!! Also.....Makes MY knees n feet hurt!!

Ramgator25March 17, 2024 02:13AM

Re: My grandson's 200 meter race two days ago...

canadaram34March 17, 2024 05:13AM