Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The newer Agatha Christie movies... my review....

April 05, 2022 12:51PM
And I'm referring specifically to two... Murder On the Orient Express and the newest - Death On The Nile.

I'm not going to drag this out. I didn't like either of them. Won't watch a third should a third be in the offing. More important to you is the following -

Both are very high in production value... and star very good actors. You may like both.

As you know I'm a big Agatha fan. Read every Poirot mystery in the 70's. Loved every second of it. NOT referring just to the two movies mentioned above: I don't think Agatha translates well to the screen. But I'm a nerd, that is, a reader. laughing smiley And I should say it this way, hasn't translated well "as yet". I do not hold the opinion that's it's impossible.

But a good Agatha murder mystery, IMHO, requires a comfy chair... a glass of warn Brandy... a cigar... (even if you don't smoke and also applying to women), a late evening or night rather than daytime, no ambient noise other than nature or perhaps a crackling brook. They frown on smoking cigars and sipping brandy in movie theaters, the Philistines.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The newer Agatha Christie movies... my review....

JamesJM181April 05, 2022 12:51PM