Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just found myself reliving a VERY tough time from a year ago.

October 28, 2021 01:52PM
Actually, tomorrow at the time will be 1 year. But it was a Thursday (29th) when I watched and felt our awesome cat, Colonel, take his last few breaths. I still remember coming home with Krystal burgers for Dinner and there he was on the Kitchen floor. When I had left 20 minutes prior, we THOUGHT he was resting peacefully. When I returned, he was in the same spot, basically agonal breathing. I pet him but there was zero response from him. He stopped. I picked him up and it was nice to know, he took 4-5 more calm breaths before passing. I will NEVER forget hearing my Wife give a big gasp in total heartache. The VERY worst time of it all was watching my Wife hold him one last time in our Den. She always held and hugged and hugged him so for a mili second, it looked like business as usual. Though he went through pure hell n agony after being attacked another animal, he looked so peaceful. I have seen a lot of agony and pain in my career but seeing my Wife hurting so much was too much. As I write all this, I'm looking at the same plastic, lighted pumpkins in our Den. We stood right in front of them as we held him one more time. All that just TWELVE days after losing our other cat, Bella. What a crappy Birthday for my Wife!

BUUUUT.......ALSO, as I write this, our new cat "Max" is harassing me!! LOL Tomorrow is actually my Wife's Birthday. From about 4:30 to at least an hour or two after this time, I plane to have her AWAY from this Den. We are taking her boys and my oldest out to eat. A pre Florida / Georgia game Dinner and a GOOD time!

Thanks for listening to my ramble. I had to get it out.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Just found myself reliving a VERY tough time from a year ago.

Ramgator90October 28, 2021 01:52PM