Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SST .... And this goes for everyone.

December 02, 2020 11:08AM
I know I make jokes about SST's Gall stones and what he is going through. But trust me. I KNOW it is stressfull and SCARY! As you guys know, I like to joke. Being a tall lanky GOOF, I have learned to make fun of myself. The day before I left for Boot Camp, My Mom told me..."Whenever you get stressed, think funny thoughts." In ALL seriousness, those were iconic words by my Mom. Even then, I knew she had battled Clinical Depression most of her life and used humor to get by. As a Firefighter, I and many others on the job have said twisted jokes that would call for many out there in "Joe Public" to demand we be fired. We KNOW what we face and sometimes HAVE to laugh to keep going. What I am getting at..........If I EVER make a joke at the wrong time, do not ever hesitate to tell me to back off. I NEVER EVER mean harm. Life is hard and down right scary at times. I try to punch back with humor.

SST, What you are dealing with and I KNOW many others on here have had SERIOUS health scares. I DO understand. I'm 53 and a half. For the past 10 years, I have held my breath during every physical. Cancer has NOT been kind to Firemen. I also take, VERY VERY much, after my Grandfather. He died from clogged arteries. Two years ago, very slight plaque was found in my Aorta. UUUGH.. I'm rambling!!! lol Just know that I mean ZERO harm when I joke.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

SST .... And this goes for everyone.

Ramgator142December 02, 2020 11:08AM

I know that, Gator...

sstrams102December 02, 2020 11:14AM

"EARN THAT"?????????? I'M OFFENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ramgator80December 02, 2020 03:16PM

Man, you can't "sigh" with fifteen exclamation points after it!

sstrams59December 03, 2020 04:07AM