Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sorry, a whining post... NetFlix

May 24, 2017 05:22PM
NetFlix is horrible. Now as an 'add-on' that you seldom use it's fine. BUT, and as you know, still under flood alert here, and having a tree take out my DirecTV dish, I've been without since.. what? Feb? Long time.

So basically I have only AppleTV which means, with one exception - Hulu, Netflix, and the exception - Amazon Prime (which can be streamed over an AppleTV).

I dont' really watch much TV but the last couple of weeks I have.. won't go into why... and what I have found is this - - NetFlix is the most complete list of movies you've never heard of, never seen and don't want too, that not even a google algorithm could compete with. It SUCKS.

Hulu I won't complain about as much... HORRIBLE as far as movies, true.. but the TV selections are decent.

I bought an indoor antenna from Costco for 'over the air' broadcasts.. hasn't arrived yet. I read that it gives me all local channels... and to my surprise there are something like 100 of them? More actually, I think. Used to be maybe 5 the last time I was on an over the air antenna. I have no idea if it's going to work.. I'm about 60 miles from the broadcast towers and 10 miles beyond the rated range of the antenna. We'll see.

So anyway.. for 'movies'.. I would rate my three services this way, (and I'm talking FREE here, not paid)... Amazon Prime 1st, then Hulu, then Netflix. NetFlix has the most, by a huge margin, but you won't know or care about nearly all of them. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sorry, a whining post... NetFlix

JamesJM442May 24, 2017 05:22PM

Ain't that the truth?

sstrams210May 25, 2017 02:53AM

I'm a bachelor...

JamesJM155May 25, 2017 02:05PM

I like Netflix and here's why

Atlantic Ram192May 31, 2017 04:23PM