Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Things the Rams can learn from this game

September 18, 2017 04:37AM
It was a frustrating loss as the game was there to be taken. While Gruden gets credit for the gameplan, I thought there were several takeaways the Rams could takeaway from this:

1. Learn to punch the ball/ Josh Norman showed that all it takes is a solid right hook to dislodge the ball. Surely some of the Rams cross trained with boxing or MMA. Norman's two jabs at Gurley led to two fumbles. Wade will take note.

2. Keep feeding the hot hand. When Gurley went off on the back to back 18 yard run and the TD reception, I thought that McVay would feed him more. I can't recall Gurley getting fed again. Also feel that more effort needs to be made to feed Sammy Watkins early and often. Make him the true #1 WR threat for us.

3. Mark Barron hitting the wrong holes. Spielman called out a masterful game. Really liked the illustration he made when Barron was hitting the wrong hole, leading to big gains in the WA run game. Cory Littleton did much better and should be considered for the short week against Carlos Hyde - who just ripped the Seahawks D for 124 yards. Don't know how sub both Barron and Tree but it's all about performance and accountability, right?

4. Use timeouts more judiciously. We used our 3rd timeout with a good portion of the first half left. So if the Rams had to challenge a call, they would not have been able to. McVay would have gotten ripped had that happened, and with a bad referee crew, we were lucky not to have it happen.

5. Keep your cool. Hearing that the Rams coaches are going ballistic on the sidelines is not great example for your team. There are things out of your control. Going ballistic hurts more than helps. Maybe it contributed to Woods faux pas after that. Calling a ref over to complain calmly is much better. BTW who was going ballistic anyway? McVay? Wade? Bones? They never said nor showed who.

6. Make players accountable. Speaking of Woods, I would have pulled him after his personal foul. At least give him a talking to. Maybe that affects the OPI call he gets a few plays later. Gotta set the tone of what is not acceptable IMHO. I did like how McVay took the heat after the game, but in-game could use some tweaks.

7. Adjust faster. Why did it take Wade so long to go to 8 men in the box? At least mix it up a little bit ealrier than the 2nd half. Hard to ignore that the Rams were outcoached this game..

8. Keep going for it. GREAT to see McVay giving Bones the chance to make a play. Keep doing that and putting pressure on your opponent. It's a great mentality to go for the throat. Not the short pass game ending INT play that Goff made.

My hope is that the Rames take these lessons and more to heart - and I look forward to this Thursday's game.

RFS69
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Things the Rams can learn from this game

RamsFanSince69384September 18, 2017 04:37AM