Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My thoughts on McVay.....

January 18, 2024 02:56PM
Every so often, not often enough, I stop to realize how lucky we are to have this guy. Seriously... it's damn near a miracle.... especially when you consider the droughts the Ram's have suffered and the bad luck with HC's.

Gotta friend who has many connections in college ball AND the NFL. I was talking to him last night and "Belichick" came up. Long conversation, won't go there... so briefly:

McVay has changed the NFL.... not just the Rams but the entire NFL. (This is my friends opinion, by the way, I'm not speaking for myself although for the most part I agree with him). There is a youth movement underway.... and it hasn't peaked. My friend thinks Belichick is not going to easily find a HC job.... it's possible, there's always (his words) desperate teams but youth is the current trend. Put simply... every team wants a McVay.... and NOT necessarily as young as McVay was when hired but 'young'.

Back to me... laughing smiley This year wasn't proof BUT.... it's damn sure a good sign that McVay has resurrected the Rams franchise... in this way: They are winners, they're playing to win... EVERY year, not just the years when we think they have the right personnel but EVERY year! We're back in the conversation with the 'elites' who find a way to nearly always be contenders... with the off year occasionally but never down for long.

No idea how long McVay will stick around.... but I think they when he does move on what he has started will continue. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My thoughts on McVay.....

JamesJM129January 18, 2024 02:56PM