Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Article: Matthew Stafford: “I took a shot to the ribs and to the head but I felt fine”

January 15, 2024 08:59AM
Matt looked knocked out from that shot to the head. It looked looked like his eyes rolled back in his head on the replay.

Matthew Stafford: “I took a shot to the ribs and to the head but I felt fine”

By
Michael David Smith

Published January 15, 2024 11:31 AM

link

Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford was banged up during Sunday night’s loss to the Lions, but he said afterward that he hadn’t suffered any serious injuries.

Early in the game, Stafford was getting treatment for an injury to his throwing hand. Later, he took a hard hit, had the back of his helmet bounce off the turf, and showed a posture consistent with suffering a concussion. Stafford was slow to walk off the field and holding his side, but he said after the game he was fine.

“I took a shot to the ribs and to the head, but I felt fine, came back in, felt good,” Stafford said.

The shot to the head was of particular concern, and NFL rules dictate that players who appear to be concussed need to be checked out on the sideline. But if they’re cleared to return they do, and Stafford said he was good to go.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article: Matthew Stafford: “I took a shot to the ribs and to the head but I felt fine”

Ramsdude102January 15, 2024 08:59AM

Re: Article: Matthew Stafford: “I took a shot to the ribs and to the head but I felt fine”

mtramfan44January 15, 2024 09:24AM