Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We NEED to keep this Oline together.

December 24, 2023 05:26AM
After watching the Saints game again, and considering what I have seen since the bye week, we do NOT need to change a single piece on our Oline. What we need to do is put a 2nd round RFA tender on Jackson, and do whatever it takes to keep Dotson. We have a really good, physical oline. And, those 5 pieces really work well together.

I have been calling for the Rams to draft a LOT high...maybe even with their 1st round pick. No more. Jackson just keeps developing.
And, I can't stress this enough: OGs are vital in the NFL today. The DTs they're going up against are huge, amazing athletes. And when you are fortunate enough to get your hands on a reasonably young (27 years old), big, nasty, OG who works so well with the Center and OT, you don't let him go. The interior Oline has everything to do with making the QB successful because there is no faster route to the QB than up the middle. That's what made AD a terror for opposing QBs, and now we have another budding DT star in Turner. You need a darn good interior Oline and we have that.

PAY Dotson his FA market value. There will be other good OGs on the market in FA, but we have no idea how well he'll mesh with the rest of the Oline. We already know Dotson does. The idea that somehow saving cap space to sign an Edge by replacing Dotson with a cheaper option is not good thinking. Weakening one important position to strengthen another is not a good trade off.

We have the Oline we need. Now we just need decent depth for the inevitable injuries that happen in the NFL.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

We NEED to keep this Oline together.

RockRam192December 24, 2023 05:26AM

Have To Keep Dotson.

den-the-coach82December 24, 2023 05:55AM

Re: We NEED to keep this Oline together.

Rams4369December 24, 2023 06:38AM

Re: We NEED to keep this Oline together.

Crazylegs74December 24, 2023 06:55AM

Re: Yes & No....

Rams_7851December 24, 2023 08:45AM

Jets and Giants will be hunting for oline

Hazlet Hacksaw79December 24, 2023 09:08AM