Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 3 ... Bengals

September 26, 2023 07:36AM
So ... that happened.

I turned it off in the 4th ... I'd usually keep watching but my bedtime is 10 and I wasn't watching Matt get hit anymore.

There are some obvious things ... like why is a backup guard playing left tackle against a pro bowler? And Tutu's toes. In my view it's about where the foot is contacting the ground. If the grass is an inch high and it moves a little, it doesn't mean the foot is contacting the ground there.
Also? The curse of playing an ex assistant who knows how you think is real.

The Great

1) Witherspoon's INT.

2) Run defense. 3.4 ypc including a couple gash runs is really acceptable, especially for such a young and small group.

The Good

3) Russ Yeast looks like a keeper.

4) Rookie DL combine for another half sack each, got decent push often also.

5) Tutu continues his solid play, as does Puca.

6) Higbee showing up.

7) We totally could have won. Even without Kupp. Even with no OLT and a bad out of bounds call.

8) I thought it was an active day by Rozeboom.

9) So far, so good on FGs.

10) Aaron's first sack. He seems to always start game 3 or 4.

The Bad

11) Chase catches 12 balls?

12) Abandoning the run against a team struggling against the run?

13) I don't mind the play action. Just can't take that sack on the goalline. That's on Matt. He knows better.

14) I looked up the box score ... Kyren had 2 receptions on 7 targets. Those were check downs. What is the deal there?

15) You call up Royce Freeman for Goalline work. Why didn't he see the field?

16) THT is not on the field at all?

17) I'd love to see Stafford's passer rating when targeting VJ. Completions to INTs have to be pretty close.

18) C'mon Hoecht I am pulling for you.

The Ugly

19) You can't put a "zero" in at OLT AND not give him help. I'm not sure how that happened. Like, I can't imagine the sideline conversations.

20) You can't play a QB with limited mobility and not flush him from the pocket once. You have to blitz. He was obviously not at 100% and still was mostly throwing from a pocket, maybe a collapsing one, but a pocket.

21) 6 sacks given up. How many hits and pressures?

College

22) Games this weekend featuring QB matchups. Hartman versus Riley Leonard where ND has the advantage. Caleb versus Sheduer ... can CO put up a better fight?

23) RB. I have said RB was good this year and I'm walking that back. Mainly because the following year is SOOOO much better. I'm aiming at the 4th and someone like Trey Benson to be a power guy while Kyren stays with mostly receiving duties.
Next year we could have 3-4 1st round RBs. probably more like 5-6 top 50 with most coming at the beginning of round 2 like normal, but still.

24) OT is likely a choice, they may last into the second and I'm thinking as a backup for Havs retirement as much as if Alaric can;t stay healthy.

25) Right now my pick for 2 year redshirt is Quinn Ewers. Could be drafted around 20, has been with Sarkisian for years, and Sark picks McVay's brain.

26) I am pretty focused on CB now, though I believe we will likely purchase one of those and an edge.

Also

27) I would trade a second for and pay Jonathan Taylor. Reasons ... extending Matt's career, we have the money for a decent RB deal, he's in his 3rd year, not 5th. 3 years 45, 35 guaranteed. And we can stop messing around with the position. We have Nacua and Tutu now. Donald will be gone after next year latest. We don't have any other big contracts besides Stafford and Kupp. we can afford it and at least 2-3 more big ticket purchases.

Okay ... questions and comments welcome. Here's to next week and a better showing.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 3 ... Bengals

alyoshamucci272September 26, 2023 07:36AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 3 ... Bengals

Rampage2K-91September 26, 2023 10:39AM

Keeping Chase to yards......

roman1878September 26, 2023 11:13AM

KD is playing well, but I still want to see Tomlinson!!!

Rampage2K-42September 26, 2023 11:25AM

Yes Thomlinson is still out there......

roman1852September 26, 2023 11:35AM

#13 and 14

21Dog58September 26, 2023 12:40PM