Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VID: 1972 - Rams at Eagles/NFL Today - Enhanced Partial CBS Broadcast - 1080p/60fps

September 06, 2023 06:58AM
Enjoy watching those gorgeous full mature Ram horns!!! beer cheer smiley

1972 - Rams at Eagles/NFL Today - Enhanced Partial CBS Broadcast - 1080p/60fps

Dave Volsky's Back Door

Sep 2
This recording contains 20 minutes of NFL Today pregame, followed by 45 minutes of edited portions of the 1972 Week 5 Rams at Eagles game. After the game there is a very brief intro to the Giants at 49ers game played that very same day. I believe the person that originally recorded this way back when was mainly interested in the commercials (may have been employed in marketing), but they actually recorded a great deal of the game as well, though as you will see it is very edited, with lots of stops/starts throughout. The edits are linear and there is action from the opening kickoff to the very end. I ran this video through Topaz in order to upscale, denoise, slightly sharpen, and double the framerate. I then performed a major contrast adjustment using Da Vinci Resolve. You can see before/after screenshots here -- [imgbox.com] -- keep in mind that this was recorded on 1972 equipment (most likely a Sony AV3600) and thus the initial resolution wasn't sharp. There is also occasional flicker.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

VID: 1972 - Rams at Eagles/NFL Today - Enhanced Partial CBS Broadcast - 1080p/60fps

Ramsdude45September 06, 2023 06:58AM