Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I can't stand Rams preseason football.

August 27, 2023 08:47AM
Sean McVay has already stated he gets more out of joint practices then he does in PS games, we all know this, he refuses to play starters.

But seriously, that does not excuse him for putting such a poor effort into these games, the Fans deserve better, the players playing deserve better, look at last night, Broncos fans are heading into the season with an upbeat feeling, a feeling they have some depth should something happen to their starters.

Rams fans are dejected, we look at this team and how they performed as, oh man, if anyone goes down our season is done. Maybe that's the truth, Maybe the Rams have been so bad drafting/scouting that they have no one on this team that can play except the starters.

Either way, I do not like the message McVay sends to the fans and young players on the team, that message being preseason games are not worth it, Losing them is no big deal, the only thing that matters is to not get hurt.

He is fostering a mentality of fear of injury and that losing is ok, afraid that they may get hurt, running a vacation style training camp, giving guys who need to put the work in days/games off these are traits that tend to lead to losing.

Andy Reid is a highly successful coach in this league and has been for a long time, and it's very well known that the man runs the toughest training camp in the NFL, Players know it, and they STILL want to play for him, why? because he always fields a competitive team, and they win, Chiefs players state, "if you can get through an Andy Reid training camp, you can get through an NFL season".

Notice how the Chiefs can get injuries to key players and the next guy steps up, they trade away the cheetah and people thought that's it. they made a stupid move, well, they won the Superbowl AGAIN.

He plays his guys in the preseason and puts together a gameplan for when the starters are in the game, it's a gameplan that doesn't allow for Mahomes to take risks but also gives his players a bit of formal gameplay so they are ready once week 1 of the season rolls around.

McVay coaches with an overly cautious style, come week one we can fully expect our defense to cave in against the seahawks, same as week 2 against SF because both teams are physical, both teams starters have already had some game action, our D will miss tackles and I fully except we see some exhausted players and probably a few soft tissue injuries.

All this preseason has shown me is that once again we will depend upon a bend but don't break defense that eventually will break because 80 plays a game is just too much with little to no depth.

McVay is sticking to what he believes in but, if we have yet another injury riddled year then he needs to change his ways, take a few pages out of Andy Reids coaching style plan, he doesn't need to run the toughest camp, just develop some toughness in these players. too soft means getting run over, can't play bend but don't break D anymore, too many good offenses in the league and Qbs who just eat that concept alive.

With all that said, I am looking forward to wk 1, but my expectations are pretty low.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I can't stand Rams preseason football.

The_Zone89August 27, 2023 08:47AM

Re: I can't stand Rams preseason football.

SoCalRAMatic69August 27, 2023 09:28AM