Article: Turnover on downs is now subject to automatic replay review

August 02, 2023 01:26PM
I think this is a good idea...

Turnover on downs is now subject to automatic replay review
link

By
Mike Florio

Published August 2, 2023 03:37 PM

This year, the list of plays and situations subject to formal replay review has not changed. The circumstances for the use of automatic replay review have been revised. slightly.

NFL rules now provide for automatic replay review in the event of a turnover on downs.

The automatic review happens only if the offense fails to convert on fourth down. If the conversion is successful, any attempt to make it unsuccessful must be initiated by a coach’s challenge (unless the situation otherwise falls under the automatic-review umbrella).

The rule was proposed by the Texans, not the Competition Committee. If there was a formal announcement that the measured passed during the March meeting (which it obviously did), we must have missed it.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article: Turnover on downs is now subject to automatic replay review

Ramsdude93August 02, 2023 01:26PM