Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Combine Analysis ... LBs

March 10, 2023 07:18AM
Had to break this day up a bit ...

If you're curious why a guy isn't on this page he's likely on the other thread with DTs and edge rushers.

We ended up being in "slight" need here again because of the loss of Wagner, but I believe Jones is fully capable and that the bounty of quality players puts us in a position of being able to wait until later in the draft. there is not going to be much difference between the top players off the board and the 5th and 6th rounders. Last year I was pushing Malcolm Rodriguez as a second round talent. Same will be true for guys like Dee Winters and Isaiah Moore this year.

I'll italicize here since there are quite a few quality players that could slide.

Off ball chase and inside Linebackers

Yasir Abdullah, Louisville His tape is solid ... made a lot of plays. Issue I think with stats is that they lacked DT depth and O linemen were all over them, might also explain why Diaby had lower stats. Athleticism is nuts. 4.47 ... 10-9 broad and 36.5 vert at 237 lbs. Should be around late.

Jeremy Banks, Tennessee 4.53 25 reps ... tape was average. Drills were fast not necessarily smooth. So many of these guys are special teamers that I can't really say "undraftable" ... he'll likely make a squad based on athleticism.

Micah Baskerville, LSU He flashed a bit on tape, but not enough. Kinda unfair because one of the nations best was playing next to him, Freshman AA Harold Perkins, who is frankly unreal.

Jack Campbell, Iowa Decently smooth mover for a guy his size ... 3 cone was better than every player in this class except Njigba. 6.74. That's eye popping. Short shuttle was great as well. Should be a top 50 guy ... could go top 25 but the need for ILB is usually low.

SirVocea Dennis, Pittsburgh Didn't drill ... I can't say "bummer" because I watch a lot of Pitt and he's unbelievable in coverage and undersized. 220 soaking wet. I don;'t need his numbers or to see him next to other players.

Jalen Graham, Purdue Honestly, I don't know if I had this guy written down. He had a good day, 220 lb coverage backer ... has weak burst #s ... don;t know how he gets drafted, and honestly don't know why he is here rather than a smaller school kid. There were 3 if I remember correctly that were snubbed.

Daiyan Henley, Washington State probably the biggest riser in the postseason process going form Senior Bowl to here. I think his ceiling is 3rd round, but he was very very fast and very smooth. Honestly moved like a big athletic safety.

Shaka Heyward, Duke Cousin to Cam ... had a really good day. Didn't show up too much on film, but wasn't invisible. 6-3 235 with athleticism makes your roster on teams and might make his way into being a starter.

Cam Jones, Indiana Not draftable. His tape is good ... but not better than everyone else who blew him away athletically.

Eku Leota, Auburn No drills or testing ... I don't see him drafted, tape wasn't anything special.

Ventrell Miller, Florida Speedy interior guy who makes a lot of plays. No tests or drills ... his pro day will likely get him drafted late.

Isaiah Moore, N.C. State One of my favorites and part of the best tandem in football (along with Drake Thomas). He didn't run or drill, but I've watched him for 3 years and seen a high pick the whole time. Game speed is plenty fast, likely a low 4.6 guy with plenty of burst, should be 6-3 235-240. He did bench, got 26 reps.

Anfernee Orji, Vanderbilt Likely a backup and teamer, good numbers 4.53 7 3 cone 38.5 vert.

DeMarvion Overshown, Texas Has great tape, flies around ... he tested slower than he plays but it's still 4.56 ... likely in the top 100.

Ivan Pace Jr., Cincinnati Didn't run or drill ... 5-10 230. I'm a fan. He'll likely last till the 6th or 7th ...

Owen Pappoe, Auburn Burner ... 4.39 and 29 reps ... I am not especially fond of his tape. Plays like a 4th rounder with the athleticism of a first rounder.

Drew Sanders, Arkansas So ... this is a specialty player. His drills were smooth and crisp. My bet is that his ability as a backer AND rusher gets him drafted in the 1st round by someone like Baltimore or Pittsburgh that will use him in a multitude of creative ways. He's not just an outside guy, that's why he transferred from Bama to ARK.

Noah Sewell, Oregon This guy was great to watch in drills. Smooth and fast at 6-1 245. Younger brother of Penei (and older of Nephi, LB at Utah) ... had a great workout. Ran about what you'd expect around 4.7. His tape was better the previous year and freshman year ... but I have no doubt he's a ten year guy ...

Trenton Simpson, Clemson Being touted as a 1st rounder ... plays really fast, tested a bit herky jerky trying to be fastest at everything. 4.43 40 and 25 reps. He has good tape, but also had a great D line in front of him. I don't value the position enough to have him in the first... but he's good at what he does.

Charlie Thomas, Georgia Tech Intriguing player. Watched him play and loved his game ... then found out he was playing at 208. He plays like he's 225 or 230. Begs the question .. how small can a LB be? He tested at 216. 18 reps ... 7.03 3 cone ..4.52 40. I'd definitely take a shot at him in late rounds... his instincts and playmaking ability was nuts. Like Herbig I mentioned before, when he's not on the field, it's a different defense.

Henry To'oTo'o, Alabama Ran a 4.62 and drilled exceptionally smooth. Great instincts and great fim student. He'll make someone happy ... I think I have him as a third.

Separating these guys because they have similarities and are targets.

Dorian Williams, Tulane 4.49 40 6-1 228 below average burst #s Playmaker. Watch against anyone, but USC is big time. Drills were silky.

Dee Winters, TCU 4.49 40 5-11 227 below average burst #s Playmaker. Watch against anyone, but he almost single handedly destroyed Michigan. Drills were silky.
I'd take either of them in the 5th and not worry about the LB position for a while.

DBs today ...

Questions and comments welcome.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Combine Analysis ... LBs

alyoshamucci305March 10, 2023 07:18AM

Right on, thanks a bunch - might work great with the 5ths we got

fullcurl87March 10, 2023 12:51PM

Re: Blinkscout Combine Analysis ... LBs

Deadpool95March 12, 2023 07:18PM