Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ALWAYS loved the Rams just don't like them right now

March 12, 2023 11:50AM
It's not the first time I have felt this way in my 45 years of Ram's Fandom and probably won't be the last. I remember the pain of losing my favorite childhood Ram, ED over money. I then remember not even being able to enjoy our first Super Bowl championship when our beloved coach retired. I was down with Mad Martz at first but his teams lacked the heart and warmth of the Vermeil Rams. The "Gotta go to Work" Rams were gone.

Just like last title I got no time to enjoy the afterglow of a title. Big Whit retiring might have been unavoidable but the jettisoning of Robert Woods hinted at something that I didn't like about the team. The heart of the "We Not Me" were gone. The Rams lost all of the intangibles and it showed. Now the Rams trade away a pillar ( Ramsey) for cap relief and a bag of chips? Some claim Ramsey isn't the player he was two years ago and that may be true but leadership wise he showed me more this year than maybe any other Ram. The final game of the season Ramsey was going all out in a game that meant nothing to him but a lot to a teammate, Wagz. He was bought in. Who on the current roster is now? AD who was MIA after his injury and whose retirement ponderings have become an annual event? Stafford who is a hired gun that did what he was brought here to do but is more good player than culture leader. Ramsey was a Ram constantly trying to recruit players to the Rams, AD never has. Kupp might be the last Ram that represents the We Not Me. How did it all go away so fast? Just like Martz bears a lot of blame for the inability to sustain the GSOT, McVay's reputation will be tarnished as a flash in the plan if the Rams cease to be a threat.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

ALWAYS loved the Rams just don't like them right now

RamsDynasty159March 12, 2023 11:50AM

the Rams culture of great is fading

ferragamo7990March 12, 2023 11:52AM

Re: the Rams culture of great is fading Attachments

GroundPounder84March 12, 2023 12:13PM

What did people expect?

JimYoungblood5355March 12, 2023 12:15PM

I miss Brad Holmes…

Rams4367March 12, 2023 12:27PM

I would do a Money Ball trade and trade AD and Snead for Ozzie Newsome