Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question, does what you fear make sense? By AvengerRam…

March 07, 2023 04:45PM
Here’s AvengerRam…

I’m speaking both directly to some of you here, as well as rhetorically to Rams fans at large.

I know what you fear. You fear that the Rams are planning a purge that, in essence, trades short term potential (i.e. the 2023 season) for long-term stability. Such an approach would not be unheard of, of course. Many teams have taken such an approach in the past.

My question, though, is whether it makes sense that this would be the Rams’ plan right now?

Here’s why I think it does not make sense. Sean McVay (potential burnout and opportunities in sports media), Matthew Stafford (age, wear and tear) and Aaron Donald (age, little left to accomplish) seem to be on a year-to-year status right now. If that is the case, and the franchise knows it, wouldn’t it make far more sense for the current plan to be DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO WIN NOW, rather than some cap health/long game approach?

If that argument makes sense to you, then follow the logic trail. It will lead you to the conclusion that the “purge” rumored to be taking place will be followed by some strategic acquisitions calculated to put the Rams in a position to compete NOW.

That doesn’t mean the plan will succeed but, at least, it allows for hope, rather than resignation.

So… be patient. They’re cracking some eggs… let’s see how the omelette turns out.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Question, does what you fear make sense? By AvengerRam…

Rams43117March 07, 2023 04:45PM