Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Combine O line

March 05, 2023 03:46PM
So ... I'm gonna whine for just a second because Tippman didn't workout. I haven't heard the why yet, but it's likely to hurt him, because the interior O linemen were smooth and there isn't much separating Stromberg and Wypler and Oluwatimi from JMS.
He could have separated at least athletically since he's a freak, so I was truly bummed.

Another note ... I get that everyone likes Skoronski, I would have him as my 4th or 5th OT. I'm not seeing it.

Alan Ali, TCU I like his play during th eyear ... they never caught his reps because he went first.

Jake Andrews, Troy He ran a smooth 40 but see above, the coverage just missed him.

Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu, Oregon sloppy forty.

Steve Avila, TCU Big man, moved smoothly ... I se he and Torrance as the OGs in the top 40 ..

Henry Bainivalu, Washington I like this kid and I'm not sure why. Looked smooth in drills but his numbers were poor.

TJ Bass, Oregon Big kid tested porly but is just a big nasty dude. He could fall and I'd love that.

Matthew Bergeron, Syracuse Tested really well, could jump to round 1.

Earl Bostick Jr., Kansas Still learning the position ... ex TE ... raw and needs strength but has plus movement skills.

Anthony Bradford, LSU Tested really well. I didn;t even get a feel for the LSU O line because they had a weak runing
gam,e a running QB, and were breaking in two freshman OTs.

Nick Broeker, Mississippi ... times were opedestruan, but he's smooth in drills and just gets things done on the field.

McClendon Curtis, Tennessee-Chattanooga Looked the best I've seen him so far, he did not look comfy at the Senior Bowl. How good can he be? I think he has the tools to play outside at the next level.

Braeden Daniels, Utah Kinda erratic athlete ... might need to move iside to calm him down.

Jaelyn Duncan, Maryland Ran as well as expected, then shut it down to an achilles?

Emil Ekiyor Jr., Alabama Loved him. One of those guys that goes under the radar but has good tape and was smooth as silk in drills. Making himself a target IMO.

Mark Evans II, Arkansas-Pine Bluff I fel like he needs time at OG before I can judge him, unlike Curtis, didn;t seem to get comfy.

Alex Forsyth, Oregon I love this kid, wish he'd worked out.

Blake Freeland, BYU Stiff, doesn;t bend well, and in his tape he gets beat by power. Like ... I don't know how you draft him in good conscience... there's a lot you need to change.

Jon Gaines II, UCLA Stiff. But a decent athlete. I don't think he fits us ...

Connor Galvin, Baylor Too upright, but decently smooth ... maybe a ceiling of swing backup.

Richard Gouraige, Florida Didn't work out. This class is too thick to not work out IMO.

Jovaughn Gwyn, South Carolina I am liking this guy more and more. They say he's likely to be an OC, and he snapped some, but I like him at any interior position and he could be had late. I think people are missing on him but I thought that about plenty others. The Patriots will likely take him in the 2nd lol.

Anton Harrison, Oklahoma Kid needs to settle down ... I don't even really know what I'm seeing ... stioll no idea where to put him.

Ryan Hayes, Michigan Has issues with power ... I like him on the edge but he needs to be 20% stronger. I'd still draft him before Freland because he's smooth.

Paris Johnson Jr., Ohio State Had a really solid field workout at his size ...

Broderick Jones, Georgia I think he's the top OT. By a nose. He and Johnson were both really smooth but he has a wider base and better tape. I think he's a top 10 player.

Dawand Jones, Ohio State I can't believe how well he moves at that size ...

Jaxson Kirkland, Washington Love him, no workout. Bummer.

Brent Laing, Minnesota-Duluth Needed to workout. Didn't.

Tashawn Manning, Kentucky Below average, but filling out the bottom of a roster is important.

Cody Mauch, North Dakota State I like his testing numbers. Issue is, he's not an OT except in a pinch, and he's not one of the top 3-4 interior guys. He could slide but he's a great versatlie athelete.

Warren McClendon, Georgia No workout.

Jordan McFadden, Clemson Tight, smaller, played outside and moves well. I think he's a good OG at the next level on a team that doesn't mind a 6-1.5 OG.

Wanya Morris, Oklahoma Ran the 40 then tightened up. I feel like he's an inside guy that needs more strength.

John Ojukwu, Boise State Herky jerky mostly, likely needs a year and moving inside.

Olu Oluwatimi, Michigan Love him. Had a smooth workout and makes me feel good about our needs.

Jarrett Patterson, Notre Dame His drilling was a bit all over the place. He lost a lot of money this year after a strong 21 campaign.

Asim Richards, North Carolina PLayed outside like Clemson's McFadden ... same deal. Good length but shorter ... moves well.

Nick Saldiveri, Old Dominion Moves well ... I thought he had a solid post season ... no idea where he's drafted. 3rd to 7th.

John Michael Schmitz, Minnesota I expected better. His 10 yard was not impressive. Given the position is full, he may slide to the third now. Wypler and Oluwatimi had better days.

Juice Scruggs, Penn State Kid can play ... smaller but watch him late.

Peter Skoronski, Northwestern He and Mauch look the same to me in drills.

Sidy Sow, Eastern Michigan Had a good day after a decent post season... I think he has some people who like him.

Tyler Steen, Alabama Underrated ... played OLT for Bama and is an afterthought ... strong family military so he's disciplined and counting him out of anything is not smart. He moved really well. He's being mocked in the 6th and that's a crime.

Ricky Stromberg, Arkansas Made a ton of money. He's a starting NFL center. This is what he does. On field drills were really better than I expected.

Joe Tippmann, Wisconsin Boo!

O'Cyrus Torrence, Florida He's your #1 OG.

Andrew Vorhees, USC Turned his ankle in his first drill. Like his game a ton and if he slides would make a great option.

Dalton Wagner, Arkansas Good field drils, need to go check notes on him honestly.

Carter Warren, Pittsburgh No workout.

Darnell Wright, Tennessee So ... he had the best drills of any player period. He tested well also. He could have a serious rise ... I'd have him just below Paris JOhnson now in the top 20 ... he's a right OT ... but draft him and start him now and you don;t have to worry about that position for 5 years.

Luke Wypler, Ohio State His day was really god. Smooth and crisp and fast with great footwork.

I think what we're seeing is that 4-5 OCs get drafted, and we have like 7 or 8. I think since the top guys didn't blow it away they really opened the door for some sliding up and down draft priorities. Good for us in round 3.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Combine O line

alyoshamucci439March 05, 2023 03:46PM

Re: Blinkscout Combine O line

LBCRAM147March 05, 2023 04:56PM

Re: Blinkscout Combine O line

Deadpool146March 06, 2023 01:40PM

Thanks dead ...

alyoshamucci116March 06, 2023 02:40PM

Yeah, I'm not in love with the top end of the draft

Deadpool126March 06, 2023 03:00PM

Re: Yeah, I'm not in love with the top end of the draft

alyoshamucci96March 06, 2023 03:13PM

Thanks a bunch for all the great info!

fullcurl74March 07, 2023 06:08AM

Thanks a bunch for all the great info!

alyoshamucci144March 07, 2023 06:18AM

Re: Excellent reading.....

leafnose109March 07, 2023 06:45AM

Great Stuff as always Alyo! You're the BEST!

Ramsdude75March 06, 2023 01:56PM

I know John Michael Schmitz is a board favorite here

BigGame81135March 06, 2023 03:33PM

Re: I know John Michael Schmitz is a board favorite here

Ridgewood Ram114March 06, 2023 04:34PM