Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams announce plan to part ways with Bobby Wagner on March 15

March 01, 2023 12:55PM
link

Posted by Josh Alper on March 1, 2023, 4:26 PM EST

The Rams have confirmed their plan to part ways linebacker Bobby Wagner after the start of the new league year.

Word of the plan broke last week and the Rams officially announced the move as a mutual parting of ways on Wednesday. The move will wait until the new league year for cap reasons and a team could still try to trade for Wagner before the Rams release him.

Wagner had 140 tackles, six sacks, and two interceptions in his lone season in Los Angeles. Head coach Sean McVay praised his efforts in a statement.

“Bobby is an outstanding competitor and a leader that elevates everyone around him,” McVay said in a statement. “His perspective, steadiness, and consistency set an example for our players, coaches and staff. We are grateful for Bobby and his contributions to our organization during his time with the Rams.”

Wagner’s departure will clear $5 million in cap space for the Rams.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude111March 01, 2023 12:55PM