Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I THINK that this is gonna be the Snead/McVay general offseason strategy…

January 02, 2023 08:53AM
I think that Snead/McVay want to extract the absolute most value out of this offseason. Obvious, I know, but bear with me for a moment.

I foresee a particularly aggressive offseason Rams strategy this offseason.

So, first they’re gonna examine the macro before addressing the micro like specific players or positions.

For example, Snead might trade out of the 2nd and/or the 3rd if it gives him a stud like Edge or maybe a LOT. I would go so far as to say he would do so if the right opportunity presented itself.

So, our first pick might be a comp at the end of the 5th round but one or 2 needs would already be plugged by solid proven players. Isn’t that the name of the game?

OR, perhaps Snead can pull off a bit of a coup in FA beforehand? Heaven knows that Rams are adept at finding money when a player they really want becomes available. This would be my preference for addressing OL needs (either LOT or interior), Edge, CB, or Safety.

I’m told that this draft is rich in RB’s, TE’s, and Edge to a lesser degree. So why not take advantage of that? Those are all Ram needs.

So, here’s what I THINK that Snead is thinking.

1. Move heaven and earth to plug one or two needs in FA.

2. Trade down on Day 2 if opportunities present themselves OR trade picks for very solid players at need positions.

3. Let draft come to him and snag a RB and TE in the 5th. Good ones should still be sitting there in this draft. Use rest of draft for BPA’s that fall at remaining need positions or for depth/development.

If Rams can emerge from this offseason with as few as 6 shrewd upgrades as starters then I think they’re right back in the SB hunt. IOW, this is all doable in some combination via FA, trades, and draft.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I THINK that this is gonna be the Snead/McVay general offseason strategy…

Rams43241January 02, 2023 08:53AM

Re: I THINK that this is gonna be the Snead/McVay general offseason strategy…

3030162January 02, 2023 08:55AM

Re: I THINK that this is gonna be the Snead/McVay general offseason strategy…

Ekern55127January 02, 2023 09:01AM

All good

OzRam129January 02, 2023 11:34AM