Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams appreciation thread, it matters

December 23, 2022 03:06AM
It's a funny thing, being raised a Rams fan since birth in 1964. I obviously didn't understand the game much, but Merlin Olsen, Roman Gabriel, Tom Mack, Deacon Jones, Jack Snow, and anyone named Youngblood were my heroes. When they lost, I ran to my room and cried.

Think of it, not once in the century did the Rams end the season without disappointment. Many seasons were like this one in the 90's, over after a handful of games. It hurts and we complain. It's natural. I used to say they might be a dog team, but they are my dog.

This century, we started with a Super Bowl win that felt more like an enormous relief than a celebration to a guy like me. I so appreciated Kurt Warner that I doubt any Cardinal fan loved him as much as I did because he never complained or blamed anyone else when IGNORANT people called him washed up. THEY WERE PROVEN WRONG BUT STILL CONTINUE TO TREAT PLAYERS AND COACHES in the same manner continuing to be wrong...just with different players or coaches.

I'm not saying bad decisions or plays should be ignored. I too yelled and screamed at the TV for years when bad things happened. It's natural and expected to be angry and disappointed.

At Mizzou, I was Air Force ROTC and we had a mock Olympics with the other branches. I could run distance like few others so I was selected to represent us. The race was through the countryside and we had guides tell us which way to go. A Navy guy wouldnt tell me which way to go so i went right and after 30 yards, I turned to see everyone going the other way. There was no way to win and I spilled my guts to get 3rd. Everyone was disappointed in me, except myself. I knew what I gave that day. There was no prize but the one I carry inside.

I can't allow myself to care if the Rams win or lose the rest of these games. But I will still appreciate those guys who are still playing like I ran and have something to say to my brethren here. These men deserve our respect and appreciation. Let's do that please.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams appreciation thread, it matters

Leoram159December 23, 2022 03:06AM

Not to nitpick, but stlramz will bring this up if I don't..

sstrams150December 23, 2022 04:21AM

Re: Not to nitpick, but stlramz will bring this up if I don't..

Leoram57December 23, 2022 04:26AM

Sorry Leo...

sstrams84December 23, 2022 04:38AM

And I appreciate your write up!

NewMexicoRam67December 23, 2022 07:22AM

Wait...

Ramsdude43December 23, 2022 07:38AM

Thank you for the Warner comparisons

promomasterj54December 23, 2022 07:41AM