Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oldnotdead has a thought provoking hypothetical starting OL for today…

November 06, 2022 06:28AM
Here’s Oldnotdead…

Why would they spend the draft capital on a position they viewed as filled, i.e. Allen. Before all the injuries they drafted Bruss to replace Corbett, and extended Shelton as probably their LG/backup C.

LT Noteboom
LG Shelton
C Allen
RG Bruss
RT Havenstein

That isn't a bad OL. They had Jackson as swing OT/OG.

Now people are moaning about taking on another C? They had hopes that Tutu would develop into another Cooks type of WR. Obviously that hasn't worked out. No GM is 100% and playing GM with 20/20 hindsight is ridiculous IMO. Get over it and move on. Focus on the roster as is.

LT Nsekhe
LG Jackson
C Allen
RG Aboushi
RT Havenstein

IMO that is their best option for a decent OL. I think that OL would give Stafford time. I think Henderson starts with Akers as #2 in the RB rotation. Yes, It's a patchwork OL but the RBs are still better than average. Let's face reality, this is a passing offense with a run attack just to keep the defense honest. McVay has his starting WRs back though I think Kupp will be on a snap count. It will be interesting if Harris can get into the rotation as a big fast target. They could play Jefferson at Z and Harris at Y. I think Powell will play before Tutu.

This team can still be dangerous. More than the offense, I'm concerned about the "good enough" play of the defense. If McVay won't light a fire under Morris' ass maybe Snead should. If the defense can get some 3 and outs that would really help the offense.

This is a very winnable game against Tampa. Time to put the dagger in TB's heart for this season. Play clean and the Rams should take this one.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Oldnotdead has a thought provoking hypothetical starting OL for today…

Rams43162November 06, 2022 06:28AM

Re: Oldnotdead has a thought provoking hypothetical starting OL for today…

den-the-coach90November 06, 2022 06:39AM