Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams expect Cam Akers to practice today

November 03, 2022 05:52AM
Will he have NEW fire in his belly or will be a disgruntled PIA?

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 3, 2022, 9:51 AM EDT

The Rams and Cam Akers have not been seeing eye-to-eye in recent weeks, and many expected him to be traded before Tuesday’s deadline. But that didn’t happen, and now he may be closer to getting back to work.

Akers is expected to practice today, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network. Akers has been out the last two weeks for what the team described as personal reasons.

Rams head coach Sean McVay didn’t rule out releasing Akers after the trade deadline, but also said Akers wants to be part of the team moving forward.

The biggest issue for the Rams is that neither Akers nor any other running back has played particularly well this season. Akers has 51 carries for 151 yards, an average of 2.96 yards per carry. Running backs Darrell Henderson, Malcolm Brown and Ronnie Rivers have combined for 71 carries for 243 yards, an average of 3.42 yards per carry.

The Rams rank dead last in the NFL in total rushing yards, 31st in yards per game and 31st in yards per carry.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude147November 03, 2022 05:52AM