Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 7 ... 9ers

November 01, 2022 01:40PM
Well, that was not what I was hoping for.

First off, I waited until post trade deadline so I could talk up who we got and why they'd help us, specifically a RB. I figured we'd miss out on edge ...

But yeah, apparently they have some plan with Kyren Williams and Henderson and Rivers. Zero RBs I have ever wanted. I didn't have 2 as draftable and the third for me is a complimentary back at best.

The Great

1) Matt Stafford's TD run. I will smile about that regardless. I rarely have a "great section" for a loss, but this made it necessary.

The Good

2) The screen game seemed to be working most of the time. Rivers is small and slow, but he can squat a truck.

3) Kupp was in rhythm in the first half.

4) Got decent pressure in the first half.

5) Got some targets for A Rob.

6) The game was much closer than the final score.

7) Good having Allen back.

8) We will have multiple day 2 picks in a draft that will highlight OL, RB, and TE. Best draft for TE and RB likely in the last decade.

9) Nick Scott laying the wood. I like a safety that makes me cringe.

The Bad

10) So I figured it out with Ramsey. If he is actively stalking the ball he is a pick machine ... undercutting or out jumping ... it's his. If he gets surprised by a bad pass he has brick hands.

11) We were quarter seconds late in the second half on pressures over and over again. Don't we blitz?

12) The 2 15 yarders. A Rob and E Jones. Guys.

13) Van with ZERO targets? Why have him on the field?

14) Hopkins? Where?

15) Fumble that lands in the lap of an opposing player?

16) McCaffrey making history against us.

17) Rapp.

The Strange

18) We are 2 games out of first in a division that has teams that could flounder at any moment. All we need to do is to play better. And we have enough talent to do that.

The rarely mentioned

19) At some point, losing assistant coaches has to catch up with you.

The Ugly

20) How do you let a player get away from you? How does Akers go from top dawg to permanent doghouse? Like, what kind of diplomacy was needed that wasn't offered. These are young men, and usually sensitive about their game ... how bad did we mess this up to not have him in the fold. I know some players are head cases ... but I also know our coaches are hard heads (I'm looking at you Sean, and yes I'm calling you Sean I'm 5 years older than you). It's their job to coach but also to inspire each player. That seems like a failure on our part.

21) How do you not see a backwards pass leading to a double pass and let Aiyuk go? Isn't everyone yelling "double pass" on the sidelines?

22) The knowledge that if Higbee catches that pass it may have changed our entire season.

23) Our goal line offense. Blech.

College

24) Please watch Tennessee Georgia this weekend.

25) I'd love to have a Jahmir Gibbs but doubt he lasts, I will happily steal Dewayne McBride/Myen Williams in the 3rd or fourth. Roschon Johnson/Tank Bigsby/Tavion Thompson/Keontre Miller later.

26) The Big 12 has the best games ... all great teams ... TCU could be final four material.

27) Mayer will be the first TE off the board, but Kincaid, Laporta, Muskgrave, Durham, etc ... all starters. There are like 5 more at least but I'm going off the top of my head.

FA RBs to bring in

28) Jaushaun Corbin, Kennedy Brooks, Brendan Knox, Scottie Phillips, Abram Smith, Master Teague, and maybe Frank Gore (only half kidding).

Okay I'll break it off here ... we obviously have some shaking up to do and stepping up to do ... hopefully now the pressure of repeating is being drowned out by fighting for the playoffs.

Questions and comments welcome.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 7 ... 9ers

alyoshamucci205November 01, 2022 01:40PM

On the plus side...

Ramadune200November 01, 2022 01:47PM

Re: Blinkscout Game 7 ... 9ers

Rampage2K-118November 01, 2022 01:47PM

Any Thoughts On RB Zach Charbonnet?

ramBRO77November 01, 2022 01:56PM

Re: Any Thoughts On RB Zach Charbonnet?

alyoshamucci126November 01, 2022 02:35PM