Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AvengerRam has 20 random thoughts…

October 10, 2022 04:15AM
Here’s AvengerRam…

1. Its not going to take more than one random thought to identify the primary reason that the Rams are 2-3. The OL is not functional, not competitive. I'll talk about a few other issues, but make no mistake...the OL is 90% of the problem right now.

2. It is also fair to note that the OL's deficiencies are revealing the lack of elite talent at the skill positions, beyond Cooper Kupp.

3. Our RBs are mediocre at best. Both missed holes and opportunities to make some plays today. Our productivity in the running game is non-existent.

4. The current WR2 (Allen Robinson) and WR3 (Ben Skowronek) are clearly a downgrade from Odell Beckham, Jr./Robert Woods and Van Jefferson.

5. Finally a Tutu Atwell sighting!!!! (brief and pretty much wasted, though it was).

6. Matthew Stafford does not look comfortable in the pocket. Hardly surprising, given that he's now been sacked 21 times and pressured (at least - final numbers from today pending) 49 times in 5 games. He was sacked only 30 times and pressured 102 times in 17 games last season.

7. If you think the problem is Stafford's elbow, or just feel inclined to blame him due to a bad pass here and there, read No. 6 again.

8. Allen Robinson is not what we need now. If our OL was playing like has in the past, I think he could be a guy who would do some damage running routes from the outside. Right now, though, we need quicker guys who can hurt a defense with quick hits and YAC. He's not that guy.

9. I feel like our offense looks better when running tempo (not good, but better). Perhaps more of that?

10. David Edwards goes down again (another concussion), but he was a weak link from the first passing play.

11. Bobby Evans is not the answer. He looks so lost out there.

12. Time to give Oday Aboushi a try? Or, perhaps, if Brian Allen comes back, give Jeremiah Kolone a shot at OG? Not very enticing options.

13. So is there a path out of this mess? Let me see if I can muster up enough optimism to propose one...

14. First... gotta win next week against Carolina. We simply can't miss the opportunity to get a W against a team like the Panthers.

15. After that, we have a bye week. A much-needed bye week... and some potential reinforcements (Allen, Jefferson, Corbett, Fuller...).

16. Then, its the 49ers again. Can we get our act together to be ready for them in 3 weeks? That's our chance to get back into the divisional race.

17. I feel very good about the defense's performance overall today, but they just can't seem to take the ball away. Maybe they need a bit of luck, too? We forced two fumbles on Cooper Rush sacks... both bounced right into the arms of Cowboy players. When things are bad, a nice bounce or two can mean so much.

18. Is the erosion of our talent base beyond the top stars the price we're paying for last year's all-in approach? Maybe so. I'll never regret it, though.

19. Does the franchise try to wheel-and-deal again this year, or will there come a point at which we become resigned to ride it out until next offseason before reloading for another run? That's the question that I can't seem to avoid pondering.

20. I have to confess.... apart from a few moments, I have not enjoyed watching Rams football this year. I didn't expect to feel that way so soon after a championship, but here we are. But I'm not going anywhere. I've endured a lot worse, as has any Rams fan who's followed the team for more than 5 years. I'll still be here when things turn around.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

AvengerRam has 20 random thoughts…

Rams43146October 10, 2022 04:15AM

Re: AvengerRam has 20 random thoughts…

LMU9399October 10, 2022 04:52AM

One minor correction on #3…

Rams43110October 10, 2022 04:59AM