Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few random thoughts after sleeping on this fubar of a game…

October 04, 2022 07:01AM
I hate to say it but this might be an 8-9 win team, y’all. Players that we all were relying upon are struggling mightily.

Preseason I thought this was a 13-14 win team despite a difficult schedule. Thought our O would be unstoppable. Boy, do I now feel foolish.

This is the second game of only 4 played where I didn’t recognize my team. Where I wondered who were these imposters impersonating my Ram heroes?

As I see it, the decimation of our OL is the root of all O problems. We were starting Bobby Evans at LG for crying out loud! Let that sink in for just a minute. Now that’s desperation on multiple levels!

Hope our regulars start coming back soon because this crew was dysfunctional vs a quality D like the 49ers. Like a boxer with one hand tied behind his back. Pitiful.

Still, Stafford should have handled it better. He compounded the problems with erratic plays, accuracy, and decision making. Worst of all worlds. I’m a big Stafford fan but he really disappointed me last night.

Don’t look now but Rams have no running game. None. How the heck can one expect to beat teams like the Bills and 49ers without a damned running game? The Impossible Dream.

Running game problems start with a crippled OL but I still think both Akers and Hendy should be getting better results. Probably an offseason priority. Enough, already!

OL will also be an offseason priority for next year, too. Maybe at the top of Snead’s draft. Wouldn’t Creed Humphrey look good in horns now?

I’m still pissed at Hopkins. So shortsighted, so stupid.

Count me among those that expected AR to be a star at WR opposite Kupp. And after those glowing camp reports? Honestly, I can’t explain his struggles. All the ingredients for great success are there. So disappointing…

Well, our concerns about lack of sufficient edge pressure have been validated. We do NOT have a SB caliber pass rush outside of AD. Period. Unless Morris sells out to manufacture one.

Our secondary has been decimated also. It’s deep and has a bright future but when a D is down to starting it’s 5th CB plus a guy off of practice squad you’re in trouble. By season’s end this secondary will be a team strength but that is then and this is now.

I expected more from Bobby Wagner. Actually, a helluva lot more. Yeah, I knew he was on the back 9 physically, but I still thought he was a quality ILB with unparalleled experience. So far I think he’s only been so-so and outplayed by Jones, frankly. Another bummer.

AD can only do so much. Frankly, he’s not getting the help from teammates that he deserves when getting double and sometimes triple teamed. So what’s new? Such a shame.

ST backslid on coverage and return units. Picked a bad game for it. Gay and Dixon played well, though.

It’s a short list for me of Ram players that I noticed that played well…

AD (what’s new)
Kupp
Gay
Dixon

That’s about it. Sorry.

I’m a big results oriented guy but the results in this game were unacceptable. Coaching, game planning, and certainly most players all really screwed the pooch in this one.

I have rarely been so embarrassed about a Ram performance.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few random thoughts after sleeping on this fubar of a game…

Rams43256October 04, 2022 07:01AM

Re: A few random thoughts after sleeping on this fubar of a game…

Killrazor147October 04, 2022 07:06AM

Re: A few random thoughts after sleeping on this fubar of a game…

Rams4399October 04, 2022 07:22AM

I'd add Higbie to your list..

sstrams80October 04, 2022 07:09AM