Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Merlin has an interesting post mortem review…

September 08, 2022 06:57PM
Here’s Merlin…

Some random thoughts on this stinking pile of excrement we witnessed this fine September eve:

This was a playoff level game which is not good when you skip preseason. That said I do not like the fact they wanted the win more than our boys did. Some BS right there and no need to get into the examples from special teams on.

I'm not surprised by the defense. This was the same group of DBs out there for the most part that were letting guys run free last year. They just got saved by the rush after Von came in. And they got saved by not playing in the preseason thus holding onto their jobs. Hill was the Hill we know well: he giveth and taketh. Basically what this game is going to do is flip the switch on roles on the back end and force some moves. The faster Morris rips the bandaid off the better. Start the guys who deserve it Raheem and I am speaking specifically about corner here.

I am surprised by the OL. Here's the thing about playing for McVay on the OL... You can @#$%& up in the run game but this is a passing team and you cannot @#$%& up with your pass pro Period end of story. And they @#$%& up the pass pro badly. As we discussed this year's OL group is light and it's weak at the top which is a very bad combination. Even if the latter turns around, which at this point I do not think will be the case, we have no room for error in the room. Boom struggles with power and Von has power plus speed so it was gonna be rough, though that was rougher than I hoped. But what is probably going to be a year long prob for us is RG. Shelton will get better vs lesser fronts, but he's gonna get his ass handed to him by stronger groups and we already have an iffy dude at Center so this is exacerbated by it.

With a coach of McVay's ability this might get turned into a positive. But they have to solve RG. They have to consider other options than Shelton IMO. Just like they have to look hard at corner.

Lastly Ramsey showed cracks last year. He has no business being on an island vs certain WRs. He faced one of them tonight. You double that MFer. This is partially on Raheem, who needs to make the QB work a little harder than that when it's a guy like Allen.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Merlin has an interesting post mortem review…

Rams43152September 08, 2022 06:57PM