Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BonifayRam has some interesting thoughts on Rams OL…

August 27, 2022 05:33AM
Here’s BonifayRam…

I took the time to watch Jeremiah Kolone for the 2 preseason games....I am very concerned den.

JK can not block anybody on the second level, just way too slow. It's obvious he can not make the appropriate line call adjustments before the snap. One very big reason for the ongoing mess in the OL. Another big issue JK can not effectively perform one of the main center activities of keeping his head on a swivel. It's not there.

When he does not have anyone to block he just stands looking downfield & rarely helps out any of his other OL'ers who are suffering from his lack of line calls.

At this point den, I would NOT award JK an MR53 position under any circumstances. I would waive him & sign him to back the PS. No chance any other team is going to sign him.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Now there need to be changes in OL plans since the loss of Ram's top draft selection.

Here are my suggestions:

(#1)- If I were Carberry, I would promote Chandler Brewer to 2nd team OC immediately in practice since Carberry still has the luxury of having 2 healthy centers Allen & Shelton on the MR53. Get CB all the 2nd team reps on the back of this 3rd yr versatile, who's been here with McVay's system now since 2019, CB was a long-time starting interior college OG, is smart & knows the OL calls.

(#2)-The versatile Tremayne Anchrum now becomes the main reserve Swing OG on game day & primarily working the RG role for the now MIA Bruss.

(#3)-The next objective is to concentrate heavily on Grooming Rookie Jack Snyder as the main prospective candidate to be our future center/Swing OG Coleman Shelton.

Reasons:
When you analyze this OL unit, Carberry has many OT reserves he has been working on interior posts during Training Camp, OTA's & now well into preseason like Jackson/ Anchrum/ Arcuri & Snyder. Even both his starting OG's has played OT posts in college, particularly David Edwards. Carberry's Main concerns are on the interior!

Carberry has a priority to ensure he has interior OL'ers that have time with this system on the MR53 meaning Chandler Brewer as his #8 & Jack Snyder as his #9. Then plan to have Swing OT AJ Arcuri, OT Max Pircher & OC Jeremiah Kolone on the PS.

NOTE: The hardest decision is the call between Arcuri & Snyder because Rookie AJ Arcuri does show promise, but he is a pure OT ...there is no need for another OT on the MR53 @ this time when you have a dominant OT-loaded OL roster. Jack Snyder will be an interior OL & he is greatly needed & worth the investment of time.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BonifayRam has some interesting thoughts on Rams OL…

Rams43292August 27, 2022 05:33AM

Re: BonifayRam has some interesting thoughts on Rams OL…

Islander Ram242August 27, 2022 05:51AM

SoCalRAMatic141August 27, 2022 06:16AM

Ohiorams65August 27, 2022 09:40AM