Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OldSchool with some postgame thoughts…

August 14, 2022 10:24AM
Here’s OldSchool…

A few things while trying to not get too excited by what we saw from some of the young guys.

I'm a bit disappointed after McVay specifically said he wanted to see Tutu in preseason games that we didn't see him at all. I speculated we might not see him until we see Wolford in preseason.

Bobby Brown was impressive. If he comes back from this injury well and stops being a knucklehead and getting suspended we could have good depth there and maybe a replacement for A'Shawn when his contract is up.

I may have missed it but I don't recall seeing much from the OLB's.

As somebody who's been pounding the table for drafting more DB's it was nice to see the young guys show promise especially a couple I had mocked to us in the past that's always nice!

Bruss was better imo than most are giving him credit for and Evans might be worse than what we're saying. I saw one where Bruss got bull rushed but I've seen a few OLine guys like Schwartz and Baldy break down those plays and talk about they're not nearly as bad as fans make them out to be in fact they're closer to a win than a loss on the play. If you get bull rushed and it takes the guy 4 seconds to push you back into the QB that's fine that's pretty normal for a QB to get the ball to a WR or to move in the pocket.

I thought at times all three of the backs ran well and missed some things. To be expected from younger backs.

Cutch was very nice holding up for that underthrow by Perkins on the 60 yard TD but that play should have been just a nice completion. The squatters DB tackled his team mate letting Cutch free. It'll take the 6 points but calling it just a nice catch. But that wasn't his only good play and there is reason to like the kid for sure.

Is Burgess just a young guy that never quite got right after early injuries? There was a lot of hype for him at the draft and into his rookie season and IMO he looks like a guy on the roster bubble.

The punter battle looks like two average to above average guys fighting it out. It may come down to who coach D is most comfortable with as the holder but Dicker's ability as an emergency kicker may be the edge in the end.

I though Coen did a good job with the play calling. Kept a good tempo mixed things up enough to keep the defense guessing especially as the game went on.

Also 5 players will be cut this week so keep your eyes open for that.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

OldSchool with some postgame thoughts…

Rams43363August 14, 2022 10:24AM