Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oldnotdead with some thoughts on possible future Ram OL plans…

August 13, 2022 05:59AM
Here’s Oldnotdead…

On paper, the answer is yes they (Rams) look like the best OL in the division. Next year both Edwards and Havenstein are FAs and I believe they will be allowed to walk (i.e. future comp picks). If Jack Snyder shows anything in TC I think he takes Evan's spot. Havenstein will cost too much and they have other contract pressures. Edwards will have to have a breakout year, but he's been the lowest rated OL player for two years. I don't see that changing. I think the Shelton signing and Snyder drafting take care of both Edwards and Evans. Had Edwards stayed as an OT I think he would have taken Havenstein's spot. He has consistently struggled to play low as OGs need to do and loses leverage.

I think they signed Shelton to a two-year deal in the expectation of his competing at LG. I also, think Jack Snyder will be in that competition. RT will come down to Jackson and Arcuri. If Jackson continues on his current developmental projection he should win that competition with Arcuri becoming the swing OT.

Next year:
LT Noteboom
LG Shelton
C Allen
RG Bruss
RT Jackson

Gameday actives swings: OT Arcuri, OG Snyder, OG/C Anchrum. Unless the other three teams make a push to improve their OLs the Rams will still have the best OL in the division.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Oldnotdead with some thoughts on possible future Ram OL plans…

Rams43319August 13, 2022 05:59AM

Re: Oldnotdead with some thoughts on possible future Ram OL plans…

Leoram99August 13, 2022 01:37PM

Re: Oldnotdead with some thoughts on possible future Ram OL plans…

george_allen52August 13, 2022 02:59PM