Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bubbaramfan predicts starters vs Chargers plus final 53…

August 12, 2022 05:20AM
Here’s bubbaramfan…

We all know McVay is not going to play starters or anyone else he deems vital. I do wonder who he will start, who he wants to look at. I believe they brought in Austin Hummel for the sole purpose of returning kicks and punts, not risking Powell or Atwell, who will get a lots of targets as WR's.

Will he play Shelton, who has mostly been splitting snaps at RG with the 1st team and C with the 2nd team? Since the 1st team won't play will he just play C with the 2nd team? I expect Bruss to get a lot of work at RG Saturday.

Will Wolford play? He's taken most snaps with the 1st team, but has also taken quite a few snaps with the 2nd team. He should play IMHO, but doubt he does. I expect Perkins and Perez to split the game.

My guess for opening OL vs Chargers: A Jackson LT, Anchrum LG, Kolone or Shelton C, Bruss RG, Evans or Acuri RT. These are the guys that played the most snaps at these positions and I believe they are the main backups there. After Noteboom, Edwards, Allen, Shelton, Havenstien, and Bruss, I think its Anchrum and Jackson. The last spot is up for grabs. Evans just may have an edge. He's played at LT and RT. We'll see how he does in pre-season.

I've seen the new depth chart and it looks like the towel guy made it up. That Evans isn't on it means nothing. A Jackson is clearly next behind Noteboom.

Will Kren Williams get snaps at RB? Guy just came off the PUP list after recovering from a broken foot. Expect to see alot from Ragas, Rose, Calais and Funk.

WE won't see many familiar names on D Saturday. Maybe Burgess, who I think in danger of getting cut. I don't doubt his wilingness, I doubt his ability to digest the X's and O's. I just don't think Burgress is very football smart. If he plays, he's on the bubble.

Hope we see a lot of Durant and Kendrick. If they don't play, it's because they already made the team.

Dicker and Dixon will get all the K/Punt duties. Don;t expect to see Matt Gay.

Here's my final 53. Of course this will change depending how some of the guys on the fence perform in pre-season games. It's reall hard to tell how well someone is doing when they're not going full speed and bringing the wood. Especially true with the OL, DL and edge.

At QB last year they kept 3. Stafford, Wolford and Perkins. . Stafford and Wolford for sure. Perkins didn't show very well at TC. He really needs to play well if he wants to make the team, he doesn't and the Rams just keep 2.

RB: They keep 4, Akers, Henderson, Williams, and Funk. While I really like Calais as a returner and he has good hands out of the backfield, he doesn't bring anything to special teams like Funk does.

WR: I count 7 keepers. Kupp, Robinson, Jefferson (who should be back by 1st game) Atwell, Powell, Skowronik and Harris.

TE: 3-- Hgibee, Hopkins, Blanton. McVay said Harris is a WR, so not listing him here.

OL: 9-- Noteboom, Edwards, Allen, Shelton, Havenstien, A Jackson, Anchrum, Bruss and either Kolone or Evans. Yea, I put in Evans, they keep running him out there and he seems to be doing pretty well. It's going to be between Evans and Kolone for the last spot. Kolone has been taking a ton of snaps at C and I expect him to be the starting C Saturday vs the Chargers.

Defense is a lot harder to predict. Especially the DB's DL 5--will be AD, Gaines, A'Shawn Robinson, Copeland, Hoecht. Would be 6 if Brown III wasn't out for 6 games.

OLB: 5-- Floyd, Hollins, Lewis, Garrett and Hardy.

ILB: 3--Jones, Wagner, and either Hummel or Roseboom, I like Hummel and think it will come down to pre-season games. Howard is on PUP list so won't be back for awhile.

Cornerback: 6--Ramsey, Hill, Long, Rochell, Durant, Kendrick

Safety: 5-- Scott, Rapp, Fuller, Burgess and Yeast. Quinton Lake is on PUP

LS: Orzach,

K: Gay

P; Dicker or Dixon. Gonna be decided by pre-season performance. I prefer the veteran Dixon, but Dicker can also placekick.

I think that adds up to 53. What sucks is there's going to be a lot of talent Rams put on the practice squad that will be snapped up by other teams. A lot of good talent left off rams 53.

A lot of this will change after the 3rd preseason game. I don't think the OL is completly set, or DL between Hoecht and Jonah Williams.

Any way lets hear your feedback.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bubbaramfan predicts starters vs Chargers plus final 53…

Rams43246August 12, 2022 05:20AM

Memento has a nice 53 projection with comments, herself…

Rams43105August 12, 2022 05:31AM