Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Random Ramsdom: is the combo of McVay/Snead the best in NFL?

July 17, 2022 05:45AM
Random Ramsdom: Is the combo of Sean McVay and Les Snead the best in the NFL?

[www.turfshowtimes.com]

CliffJackson

During Sean McVay’s entire head coaching tenure thus far. he and GM Les Snead have not selected a single 1st round pick together. One would believe that this would negatively impact the Rams ability to build for the future, however that is far from the case.

NFL: Super Bowl LVI-Los Angeles Rams Championship Parade Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sportsnone
From 2017-2021, without 1st round selections, the combo of Snead and McVay have snagged 18 total solid football players, (Jones, Akers, Jefferson, Fuller, Rapp, Henderson, Gaines, Edwards, Scott, Noteboom, Allen, Franklin-Myers. Joseph-Day, Everett, Kupp, John Johnson, Josh Reynolds, Ebukam) 9 of which have gotten 2 or more contracts in the NFL. The success that the team has found in rounds 2-7 is what makes the Rams so good, as it seems they have someone new stepping up and balling out on a weekly basis.

The best players they have drafted have come in the 3rd or later, with the likes of Cooper Kupp, Noteboom, Joseph-Day, Fuller, and John Johnson becoming some of the biggest steals in their draft classes. The chemistry that Snead and McVay have is otherworldly, as they simply just have a knack for finding guys that fit their system/philosophy and maximizing their talents. In my opinion, this is the most underrated aspect of the franchise, as most people just assume the Rams trade for all of their superstars and big contributors. But, it is quite the opposite, because based on their drafting track record. most of the Rams talent is actually homegrown. This makes Sean McVay and Les Snead the best GM-Head Coach combo in the entire NFL.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Random Ramsdom: is the combo of McVay/Snead the best in NFL?

Rams43124July 17, 2022 05:45AM

I never get tired of hearing this kind of thing…

Rams4385July 17, 2022 05:46AM

+1

Thirtymac, The Intrepid Ram74July 17, 2022 06:22AM

Re: I never get tired of hearing this kind of thing…

David Deacon60July 18, 2022 03:34AM

It's easy to pick from the low fruit....

roman1881July 18, 2022 03:17AM

Re: It's easy to pick from the low fruit....

Ramstien75July 18, 2022 05:03AM