Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CGI_Rams has some intriguing thoughts about Rams vs Chief philosophies…

July 09, 2022 05:42AM
Here’s CGI_Rams…

“What the hell are the Chiefs thinking?”…

Mahomes cap hit this year is $35M, before ballooning to $47, $44, and $46 the next 3 seasons.

They have $14M in cap space right now. It sort of feels like they are in a good window to press hard for another Superbowl… instead, I am looking at their WR room and wondering… “would the Rams be happy with this group?”.

I don’t think so.

They traded away a star player, Tyreek Hill, and filled in their WR corps like this;

WR1 JuJu Smith-Schuster
WR2 Marquez Valdes-Scantling
WR3 Skyy Moore (R)

Tyreek is counting $6M against the cap this year in Miami. They could have fit him. Especially with $14M in available space. So why didn’t they?

The Chiefs would look a lot tougher with Tyreek in the mix… Instead it’s Smith-Schuster, Valdes-Scantling, and I-Need-A-Hyphen-too Moore.

DIFFERENCE FROM THE RAMS - Maybe we don’t break the bank for Tyreek either, but they didn’t aggressively fill their WR room to take advantage of this Superbowl window season.

And… Skyy Moore (selected with #54 pick this year)… the Chiefs got jumped on a run of receivers;

50. Tyquan Thornton, wide receiver, Baylor
51. Cameron Jurgens, offensive line, Nebraska
52. George Pickens, wide receiver, Georgia
53. Alec Pierce, wide receiver, Cincinnati
54. Skyy Moore, wide receiver, Western Michigan

Word is, they liked Pickens, ended up with Moore.

DIFFERENCE FROM THE RAMS - We get our guy. We’ve been jumped before too (Bobby Wagoner) but if our team needed a WR to complete our Superbowl window we make sure we get who we want.

Thank you Rams for hitting this Superbowl window hard! We might not win it all again this year, but our leaders are giving it one hell of a try.

The Chiefs are trying too, no doubt, but they aren’t hitting it like we are. Look at their WR room.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

CGI_Rams has some intriguing thoughts about Rams vs Chief philosophies…

Rams43221July 09, 2022 05:42AM