Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams Allen Robinson relishes the idea of facing press coverage…

May 28, 2022 06:07AM
Rams' Allen Robinson relishes the opportunity to face press coverage

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Skyler Carlin

The addition of Allen Robinson this offseason brings another dimension to the offense of the Los Angeles Rams, especially with the veteran wideout getting an opportunity to play alongside talented pass-catchers like Cooper Kupp and Van Jefferson. When asked by D’Marco Farr on the team’s official YouTube page (you can watch the entire video here) about what he brings to the offense of the Rams, Robinson didn’t hesitate to speak about his affinity for facing press coverage in the NFL.

“I’m a player who I invite press (coverage), I enjoy it. Going against press coverage is something I’ve enjoyed since I’ve stepped foot in this league,” Robinson said. “So being able to win some one-on-one backside concepts, and also being able to occupy some of the intermediate stuff across the field, and being able to add some run after the catch and things like that. I think for me I’ve always prided myself on not being one-dimensional and being able to have all parts of my game be fine-tuned. That’s red-zone, deep stuff, intermediate, short stuff, and like I said before, this is an offense that occupies all levels of the field.”

Before signing with the Rams this offseason, Robinson typically operated as his team’s No. 1 wideout when fully healthy. Things will be a bit different for him in Los Angeles as defenses will center most of their attention on Kupp, which means Robinson should see a decent amount of single-coverage.

Some wide receivers shy away from contact and would prefer to have a free release off of the line of scrimmage. While getting a free release when the ball is snapped makes Robinson’s job easier, he loves when he gets an opportunity to face press coverage, allowing him to showcase his multi-faceted skillset as a wide receiver.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams Allen Robinson relishes the idea of facing press coverage…

Rams43200May 28, 2022 06:07AM