Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Let's Make a Deal (the show and free agency)

March 23, 2022 06:38AM
This OBJ talk has me in my feeling a little. First off I understand his first obligation is to do what is best for him. If this was any other offseason it wouldn't bother me as much but I am still in my feelings over losing Robert Woods, a player with tons of sweat equity in building this magnificent lockerroom. I didn't like Von's flirtation with Denver. It was annoying but most believed he was just homesick. I really didn't like his overtures towards Dallas and then he ups and leaves to Buffalo, for a massive haul no doubt and he owed us nothing more than he gave us. Now I hear rumors of OBJ back to the Browns or OBJ to Tampa, while Snead is on air saying how he very much wants OBJ back. It is too reminiscent of the Von situation made only worse by the fact that the Rams cut ties with a player we all KNOW wanted to be here in order to bring in an equivalent outsider and chase two outsiders that openly flirt with other teams to either get their attention or get more money out of the Rams. Typically that is what you expect free agents to do, get as much cash as possible but it's with the juxtaposition to the Woods situation that makes it worse. The longer this signing of OBJ takes and the more he flirts with other teams the more I will not like this. I do not buy the premise that Kupp, Robinson and OBJ are better than say Kupp Woods and OBJ. If the Rams end up with just Kupp Robinson and Jefferson then this offseason has found our receiver group in worse shape than it was at the end of the season. Now Kupp, Woods and Robinson I can get down with that but if we lost Woody while chasing Von and OBJ unsuccessfully then it feels like we lost a Game of Let's Make a Deal but losing something we knew was valuable for what's behind door number one.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Let's Make a Deal (the show and free agency)

RamsDynasty247March 23, 2022 06:38AM

Several thingsā€¦

Rams43126March 23, 2022 07:04AM