Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ram's offense schematically speaking

March 20, 2022 04:02AM
A head thread, not a heart one. One of the things that made this offense hard to defend was that Woods and Kupp had such similar games that you could never know which one was doing what. Sure one might be slightly better on sweeps while the other was a little better in the slot but not majorly so. I see the benefit of having players that have different skill sets too, ala Moss and Chris Carter. My fear is before the Kupp/Woods "thing" which is now the Kupp "thing" is central to the McVay offense. Before if one of them went down the other could assume that role. You lose a little mystery/versatility but you can still do it. Now if Kupp were to go down we don't have a player that can do that "thing".

Also whatever trait Robinson brings to the table that is different is it something that can be found in a lesser receiver an thereby making it less important than having 2 approximate Kupps in your offense whether that be 50/50 balls or jump balls or whatever? Regardless even if you view Kupp as a poor man's Kupp and I never did that I thought he was better or at least equal, you never give that up for what we got. Even if you can't keep Montana and Young on your roster you don't just give Montana away. Oops that last part is more heart than head argument, forgive me.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ram's offense schematically speaking

RamsDynasty331March 20, 2022 04:02AM

Jourdan on Snead philosophy

RamsDynasty235March 20, 2022 04:22AM

Re: Ram's offense schematically speaking

farley169March 20, 2022 04:55AM

This is about Stafford

merlin155March 20, 2022 09:33AM