Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Report: Vikings planning to introduce Kevin O’Connell as head coach on Thursday

February 15, 2022 09:09AM
Link

Rams offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell has been set to become the Vikings’ next head coach since the beginning of the month.

With Los Angeles’ season now complete after defeating Cincinnati in Super Bowl LVI, that hire can now become official at any time.But it sounds like it’ll take a couple more days.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Vikings are planning to officially introduce O’Connell as their head coach on Thursday.

That will give O’Connell time to attend the Rams’ championship parade and rally, which is scheduled for Wednesday in Los Angeles.

While O’Connell has been preparing to coach the Super Bowl, he’s made significant strides in putting together his first coaching staff. Ed Donatell is set to join the team as defensive coordinator. And Wes Phillips — the son of Wade Phillips — is expected to follow O’Connell from the Rams to the Vikings as offensive coordinator or passing game coordinator.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude142February 15, 2022 09:09AM