Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Our Super Bowl Days

February 13, 2022 06:09AM
Here's to all of my Ram brothers and sisters on Super Bowl day. They don't come around often. I remember each one, though.

1980: damn, I thought we were going to win it. The whole offense sprinted down the field in the changeover top Q4. And then the better team flexed its muscle. Rod Perry was inches from knocking the ball away from Swan ... (Or was it Pat Thomas?) A woman I knew from college stopped by and could not understand why I was so pissed off about a silly game. (Can't remember her name.)

2000: I was typing furiously in a chat room on one of our old boards. Then we all froze on those last couple of plays. Then ... oh, man. No words.

My son was downstairs watching with his HS football buddies. A young woman was sitting quietly in a rocking chair as the guys wrestled and tackled each other. Meg checked in on her a few times. "You doing OK, Kate?" Chris and Kate went to a winter dance weeks later, got married 10 years later on 10/10/'10 and now have a little girls. More about her a bit later.

2002: Ugh. I was definitely overconfident. But I was so proud of the guys for battling back. Then Brady dropped back to pass and I thought, "What a dumb thing to do." But he was busy becoming Brady. I guess we aren't going to have a dynasty after all.

2019: well. This was one of the weirdest days of my life. Kate and Chris had just had a little girl, Luna Rae. And ... well, I wrote this up in the following summer: link. A strange and haunting tale.

2022: that would be today. I will be watching safely at home, one of very few people in the Twin Cities to care about the Rams.

May each of us deal with nerves as best we can. And may Aaron, Matthew, Andrew, Jared, Eric, Leonard, and our other veterans get that ring.

Hopefully, we'll have something to celebrate on the board tonight and tomorrow!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Our Super Bowl Days

RFL228February 13, 2022 06:09AM

Re: Our Super Bowl Days

Crazylegs139February 13, 2022 06:27AM

I remember that story well...

JamesJM70February 13, 2022 07:43AM

In 2000....

sstrams125February 13, 2022 07:47AM

Oh man, you missed having a YouTube Video go viral!

JamesJM64February 13, 2022 07:49AM