Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Watch My Smoke" by Eric Dickerson

February 09, 2022 06:53PM
Just got my copy at noon today and just finished reading the entire thing.

Couldn't put it down until the end.

He starts the book out in typical autobiographical fashion, talking about his childhood and the unusual situations he was in. But it is much more than just a "I did this then that" type of book. He goes deeply into how racism affected him and those around him. There's a large section on his decision making for college (he preferred Oklahoma) and how he always wanted to go to the Rams.

He goes deep into the problems and joys he had with the Rams and Colts. And just as I always wondered, he gives a lot of insight into why he thinks his time with the Rams ended so poorly. He always wanted to play his entire career with the Rams, but John Shaw didn't see it that way.

Some explanations and descriptions of key games, but more a look at the events around him that has shaped him as a man. There's also a section on how he helped shape the greatest show on turf.

I didn't want to be a spoiler, so I'm not going to discuss answers to details I always wondered about, and he does give a lot of surprising details, even discussing the reasons why the Rams never made the Super Bowl in LA while he played. Just gut honesty from the greatest LA Ram RB of all time.

YOU NEED THIS BOOK!

Some photos are included of his family and friends growing up as well as his current family.

Every LA Ram fan who followed the team during the 1980's will want to have a copy of this book. It's worth every penny.

NewMexicoRam

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2022 07:05PM by NewMexicoRam.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

"Watch My Smoke" by Eric Dickerson

NewMexicoRam304February 09, 2022 06:53PM

Re: "Watch My Smoke" by Eric Dickerson

Killrazor162February 09, 2022 11:02PM

Re: "Watch My Smoke" by Eric Dickerson

oldschoolramfan79February 10, 2022 05:25AM

Great book

OzRam209February 10, 2022 05:38AM

Re: Great book

oldschoolramfan64February 10, 2022 05:43AM

Re: Great book