Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Our defense and offense were the perfect disaster on Sunday

January 12, 2022 04:19PM
I'm still a little bummed about that game so this will be a meeting with rant but I like to leave it here lol

It's uncanny how both sides of the football managed to let each other down at all of the wrong times on Sunday.

Rams defense played lights out ball in the first half and we know what happened after that. Rams called two half-hearted running plays and then decided to go empty back field on third and less than a yard. Took a sack which gave them back yards and momentum instead of punting and leading them with too far of a field goal to get points. Then the Rams defense can't get a stop to prevent three points to in the half.

Rams defense comes out to start the second half and gets absolutely mauled in the run game. Long drive, wearing them down. I'm sure they were gas and dejected that they came out and got smacked like that. And what should an offense do in that situation? At the very least possessive football for some time. Keep your defense off the field and let them regroup. Instead our offense goes three and out with plays that I can't believe rescripted for the second half. Then we throw an interception the very next drive.

Then the defense finally gets its bearings about us and we take the lead late in the fourth quarter. Defense gets a sack on third down and forces a punt and our offense goes out and runs three of the most half-hearted run plays I've ever seen. Gave the ball right back and put the defense back on the field. Although the offense did manage to give the defense deep territory and no time outs. And then it was the defenses turn to let the offense down.

That just felt like a uniquely bad disaster. Poor coaching on both sides of the ball and instead of one hand helping the other they seem to be putting more pressure on each other. The Rams defense got smacked, The Rams offense panicked, then the Rams defense panicked, and then it was just chaos from there.

Talent wise I don't think we're the best team in the playoffs, especially because we have so many key injuries. I'm okay with the Rams fighting and losing. I just hope we don't end up seeing a game where we're lamenting their lack of ability to read the game script or have any idea of what's happening in front of them. That's going to be really disappointing and hard to sit on for a whole off-season.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Our defense and offense were the perfect disaster on Sunday

Ram_Ruler175January 12, 2022 04:19PM

Re: Our defense and offense were the perfect disaster on Sunday

Classicalwit85January 12, 2022 07:15PM

Islander Ram72January 12, 2022 07:15PM

Ramstien54January 13, 2022 04:23AM