Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BonifayRam with some thoughts on Rams OLB situation…

September 28, 2021 09:38AM
Here’s BonifayRam…

This is how I see it too. DC Morris has only one healthy OLB'er in Rookie Chris Garrett.

When your OLB unit looks like a MASH unit it should set off alarms .....

Floyd-Damage ankle since preseason still having issues.
Okoronkwo- Damaged shoulder stinger since preseason on IR decision to be made to activate this week.
Lawler- assigned to PS/Broken hand resulting in surgery remains on PS.
Lewis- Cronic knee pain & swelling for several years now just now seeing snaps with the defense.
Hollins-Torn Pec/Surgery/ placed on IR. Was DC Morris's best-performing OLB'er!

Somethings I should remember:

*DC Morris history is far more 43 D than 34D. Rams DL is rounding into full health about now with A'Shawn Robinson showing signs of being a major run-stuffer to shut down any team running game after the Buc's game. DC has 4 very good solid DL'ers & a huge boatload of reserves with Jonah Williams, Bobby Brown, Mike Hoecht, Marquise Copeland, Earnest Brown. So yes the Edge Rushers are hurting bad but the DL can move in to carry some of this load. I expect to see more than 3 DL'ers getting snaps for the next few weeks.

* Might see some of the OLB'ers who were with the Rams in TC/preseason get a call up to the PS .i.e. Max Roberts or John Daka.

* Rams remain healthy @ ILB'er ...Troy Reeder college history is from starting & playing OLB'er. Even Travin Howard has played OLB'er for TCU but he also played both safety positions for them too

*Snead having no cap funds to sign anything of worth could trade RT Bobby Evans for a seasoned 34D OLB'er with many of the teams hurting in their OL's & then activate OL'er Tremayne Anchrum to bolster the future OL plans!

To summarize all this DC should have some options to think about. OLB Og Okoronko returning to the MR53 would be the first move IMO. Add OLB John Daka to the PS too. greatly increase the 4 DL personnel with rookie Bobby Brown working with SJD/ Robinson/ Gaines & get Donald/ Williams & Garrett on the ends.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BonifayRam with some thoughts on Rams OLB situation…

Rams43346September 28, 2021 09:38AM

Is Garrett really healthy?

max179September 28, 2021 10:10AM

Garrett played at the end of the Bucs game...

SunTzu_vs_Camus189September 29, 2021 03:53AM